PDA

View Full Version : Direct order from Plecter?

bunger
02-20-2016, 12:50 PM
Has anyone from the US ordered directly from Plecter Labs?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-20-2016, 12:55 PM

Yes, why?

darth_chasm
02-20-2016, 12:56 PM

In the past yes. But I think the preference now is that US customers order from TCSS and Ex-US order from Plecter.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

bunger
02-20-2016, 12:58 PM
He just restocked his store with the Prizm v4. I was going to order, but didn't realize he ships out of France.

Has anyone has issues with shipping times from them to the US?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-20-2016, 12:59 PM
In the past yes. But I think the preference now is that US customers order from TCSS and Ex-US order from Plecter.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

You are correct, but if people want to spend the extra money and wait on the shipping times, that's on them.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-20-2016, 01:01 PM
He just restocked his store with the Prizm v4. I was going to order, but didn't realize he ships out of France.

Has anyone has issues with shipping times from them to the US?

That's where they are based. Once the item is shipped, it's usually takes about 2 weeks to swim across the ocean. Maybe a bit more if you are on the west coast - it's a long walk.

ColdVizjerei
02-20-2016, 03:33 PM
You'd probably be better off waiting until TCSS gets them.
Ordered a CF7.5 from Plecter Labs last July before TCSS stocked them and it's still not here. Kinda my fault for not getting insured shipping, so at this point it's probably lost to me forever.
If you go ahead and get it from Plecter, I'd advise you to spend the extra on International Colissimo shipping.

bunger
02-20-2016, 03:45 PM
You'd probably be better off waiting until TCSS gets them.
Ordered a CF7.5 from Plecter Labs last July before TCSS stocked them and it's still not here. Kinda my fault for not getting insured shipping, so at this point it's probably lost to me forever.
If you go ahead and get it from Plecter, I'd advise you to spend the extra on International Colissimo shipping.

Last July???

ColdVizjerei
02-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Yeah, July 2nd, 2015

bunger
02-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Yeah, July 2nd, 2015

That's extremely discouraging.

FenixFire
02-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Yeah international shipping is not fun. I had some samples from a Korean electronics client held up at customs for 3 months before they even logged they had been received at the LA port.

Greenie
02-21-2016, 04:08 AM
That's the chance you take when shipping internationally and not a reflection of Plecter labs service. I've ordered from PL and received my buttered toast in two days, but i am in the UK. I've also ordered from TCSS and that only took three weeks to arrive but not before UK customs rifled through it and lost my speaker mount.
IMO, now soundboards are being made in the US, they may sell out quick but they restock faster than they use to so you guys have no need source items internationally.

bunger
02-21-2016, 05:35 AM
I thought Plecter was the source for the States?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-21-2016, 09:46 AM
I thought Plecter was the source for the States?

They have been, but they have opened up a "manufacturing plant" in the states specifically for TCSS.

@Coldviz: Did you ever ask erv' about what happened? While I have heard of an instance or two where untracked packages got lost, 99% make it though just fine. Anything I ever ordered through the years always came to me.

ColdVizjerei
02-21-2016, 09:47 PM
@Coldviz: Did you ever ask erv' about what happened? While I have heard of an instance or two where untracked packages got lost, 99% make it though just fine. Anything I ever ordered through the years always came to me.

This might be part of the 1% :(
I did contact Erv' and this was his reply:
"There's unfortunately nothing I can do on my end as there's no tracking. It went out, that's all I know, our local postal facility works great and I haven't any issue to report recently."

I'll continue to look out for it just in case, but it's close to 8 months now so at this point, I've just about lost any hope of it arriving. Erv' pretty much said that I'd have to eat the loss, which sucks since I was hoping he'd have some way to help me out/make peace with the loss.
But, I've learned my lesson and I'll be getting insured shipping with tracking and all that in the future should I get something internationally.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-22-2016, 07:30 AM
That's why everyone tends to "stay away" from "cheaper shipping options", they usually don't include some type of tracking or insurance. When you "go cheap" you assume a lot of risk.

ColdVizjerei
02-22-2016, 07:59 AM
When you "go cheap" you assume a lot of risk.

Very true. Just unfortunate to have learned that the hard way.
I'm really glad TCSS now stocks the CF boards so I no longer have to deal with the international shipping and customs and all that.