PDA

View Full Version : Flash on clash question :)

Evol
02-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Hi ! :)

I have a question about the flash on clash.
Let's say I'm getting a Tri-Cree LED : Green-Green-Green.

Can I use those 3 LEDs to light the blade, and when using the flash on clash, it turns off one of the green (making the difference) ?
Or maybe the third LED have cant be turned on without flash on clash.

How does the FoC work ?

Thanks ! :)

NanoRex
02-19-2016, 02:52 PM
I think what you're looking for is the clash flicker feature, which is built into the board. You can configure the board to flicker your main LED for a bit instead of lighting up another die (sort of like an inverse Flash on Clash).

Evol
02-20-2016, 08:36 AM
Thank you for your help ! :)

I chose the Nano Biscotte V3 board, does it have this feature ?
If it has, do I have to connnect all the LEDs to LED- port, and leave the FoC port free ?

Thanks ! :)

Generic Jedi
02-23-2016, 05:20 AM
The Nano Biscotte has flicker and shimmer. I think one controls how the main blade acts normaly, and the other controls how the main blade acts during FoC. There's also the FoC settings that control the FoC LED.

The NB is designed to use either one or two LEDs for the main blade, but three is too much. There was a "hack" you could do with the NB v2 and a PeX to use three LEDs at once, but I'm not very familiar with it. Also, I don't know if you would have to do something different with the NB v3.

Evol
02-24-2016, 01:33 AM
The Nano Biscotte has flicker and shimmer. I think one controls how the main blade acts normaly, and the other controls how the main blade acts during FoC. There's also the FoC settings that control the FoC LED.

The NB is designed to use either one or two LEDs for the main blade, but three is too much. There was a "hack" you could do with the NB v2 and a PeX to use three LEDs at once, but I'm not very familiar with it. Also, I don't know if you would have to do something different with the NB v3.

Mm ok, I think I'll use a G-G-W with FoC for the first one then, thanks again for your help guys ! :)

NanoRex
02-24-2016, 06:42 AM
You will probably be more pleased with that setup ;)

Avidgrant
02-24-2016, 04:50 PM
Altering this slightly..... Would there be any issue with using main power with 1 led only- and have foc activate both other LEDs?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Altering this slightly..... Would there be any issue with using main power with 1 led only- and have foc activate both other LEDs?

What board are you using?