PDA

View Full Version : using a 5w with the mr luke sound module

jjshumpert
01-18-2007, 09:40 AM
i was kicking around the idea of going with a 5w green in my upcoming qui gon hilt project and im trying to figure out how to run a luke mr board with it for sound. would it be possible to run both off the bat pack that comes with the basic 5w green kit thru one switch if ran both pos and neg to the switch, then neg from the switch, to the mr board and then to the led, and ran a double wire from the pos of the switch, one direct to the led and one resistored to the mr board. im not the smartest guy when it comes to wiring, but to my limited mind this seems like it should work...

ideas please guys, i need some help here!

vortextwist
01-18-2007, 09:59 AM
x-wing talked about doin something like that here. if nothing else contact him.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

jjshumpert
01-18-2007, 12:08 PM
james and i sat down this morning and got it worked out.

for anyone wanting to do this type of setup, it is as follows:

from the 9v connector run pos to one leg of the switch, from the other leg run 2 wires, one direct to the mr board the other resistored to the led

the neg from the 9v connector goes direct to the neg on the led

from the neg terminal on the pos side of the battery pack (flat coil) solder a wire to go to the neg on the mr board, creating a 4.5v current to the mr

solder the switch wires together on the mr board to close the connection and your done...

hope this helps anyone wanting a 5w with mr sound!

vortextwist
01-18-2007, 12:10 PM
pictues man pics. I got lost about half way.

xwingband
01-18-2007, 12:22 PM
The battery pack is a 9V at 3 layers stacked. You can tap the bottom of it for 4.5 volts.

The only other part they are talking about is the switch. I think they're talking about an SPDT, but a DPDT would be even easier.

jjshumpert
01-18-2007, 12:24 PM
im usin the switch that comes with the 5w basic kit

hey mike ya proud of me that im finally startin to learn how to wire this stuff up? :D

xwingband
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
It's simple (relatively) and it works! :D That's all that matters. People figuring it out themselves is always nice.

I can't wait until there's an easy option though. Resorting to tapping always feels hackish.

jjshumpert
01-18-2007, 09:32 PM
oh cant we all just taste that buttered toast goodness looming on the horizon

Eruialsul
01-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Sadly, some of us can only taste college tuition and having to use their spare money for food.

Though I guess buttered toast is food, isn't it?

xwingband
01-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Sadly, some of us can only taste college tuition and having to use their spare money for food.

Though I guess buttered toast is food, isn't it?

Eat less... I do. Can't gain the weight at college if your not eating. :D