PDA

View Full Version : Question for battery of string

ooty99
02-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Well, I should have listened to you all when I asked this the first time.

Ok so I'll give some info about my first blade I'm working on right now. I am using 110 BLUE LEDs which have 3.2-3.4V, 20mAh. I initially was going to wire them all in parallel, and use a 2x AA battery pack. However, I neglected to realize that the 3V would not make the lights as bright as they could be. So now I am thinking about using 18650 Li-po batteries. Here are my setups I have been thinking about:

Scenario 1) x2 3.7V Lipo batteries in series= 7.4V. Then connect 2 sets of 55 parallel LEDs in series. Then Resist the battery's voltage.

Scenario 2) x1 3.7V Lipo battery connected to 110 LEDs all in parallel. Then resist the 3.7V down to 3.4-3.2V.

Please help, any input is very appreciated. Also, what type of resistor would I need for each scenario?

Thank you all very much. This community is extremely responsive and helpful!

NanoRex
02-11-2016, 08:23 AM
I'm not an expert on string blades but I know that the first scenario will be more desirable. As well, you'd probably want to use li-ion batteries instead of lipo because of their higher capacities; 3.7V li-ions can be found in the store.

TeeBeutel
02-12-2016, 03:26 PM
The scenario depends on the soundboard you are using as well (if you want to use one).
If not, the first scenario is the better one. More Segments = more evenly lit LED-String.

If you connect 110 straight up parallel, the brightness will fall off because every LED itself is a little resistor.