PDA

View Full Version : Looking at starting First Sabre build...first and only I suspect.

Haniboll77
02-05-2016, 10:59 AM
So being the first, and most likely, only sabre I will build I want a really nice one. So I know I am probably being ambitious for a newb, but why not make the best I can. That said, I have no clue what I am doing. Below is my first draft at a parts list for a red sabre, with red AV switch, and brass accents on hilt.

I am still reading up on how this all work. But can someone take a look and let me know if I am even close with my parts list? Any suggestions or direction would be much appreciated.

This is he body shape I want to try for. I cant get the Java app to put the switch activation box in the right spot, but id like it just under the choke.

Body
MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 23

Hilt Style 5 (7" Fluted double female threaded connector)
?Machine recessed 16mm AV switch hole

MPS Pommel style 8

MPS Clip

Ribbed / Choke Combo

Trim Ring 2

Brass Activation box style 2

Brass MPS Insert style 6

8-32 x .3" Gold thumb screw

Internals
18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens

Star thermal tape pad

12mm Anti Vandal Momentary Red Ring Switch

Custom Tri-Cree LED
?White Cree Die
?Red Cree Die
?Red Orange Cree Die

Red LED indicator (for glow out pommel brass panel)

Crystal Focus Sound Module V7.5

Acrylic Chassis Disc for PC 2.0 and 14500 side by side pack - S5 (Black) (will this work with the crystal focus module?)

7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 Battery Pack

Blade
1" Thick walled Trans Red PolyC 40" long

Bullet shaped tip for 1" thick walled blades

Again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Silver Serpent
02-05-2016, 11:20 AM
The Crystal Focus uses two switches, not just one. You can select the short AV switches and save a little room in the hilt. Latching switches are not necessary, since the board settings can be adjusted to work with momentary switches.

You need a different lens with the Tri-Cree. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/18deg-Tri-RebelCree-Star-Lens-P778.aspx is the one you want, and it doesn't need the lens holder.

You've got the AV bezel and an activation box. The bezel is generally used instead of the box, not with the box.

You've got a little more reading ahead of you, and some additional planning. Try to draw out what you want, and post a picture for us to look over.

Haniboll77
02-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Thank you. Yes, I know I have a lot of reading ahead. I just wanted to get an idea if I am even headed down the right road. I'll update my post as soon as I have a bit more knowledge. Thank you SS.

Quixotic Jedi
02-05-2016, 12:26 PM
You'll need a recharge port and a speaker. Yes you have plenty of room for a speaker in that hilt. I personally would go with the 2W bass speaker as every premium speaker I've ever used had to be replaced sooner or later, haven't had that issue with the bass speakers.

You'll also need a second momentary switch for the auxillary, you have plenty of room for that too. The Crystal Focus comes already set up for use with momentary switches btw.

I would personally go with an 18500 or 18650 battery pack, you have the room for either of them and you'll get longer run times.

You might want to look at a covertec button or a D ring so you can hang it off your belt.

Read through the Crystal Focus manual a few times, check as many build logs as you can here to see how others have done what you are trying to do. We all start out that way.

You may say this is your one and only saber, but I have to tell you this is a very fun and addicting hobby. I started out with one, then built one for a friend, a second for myself, and now I have four more in various stages waiting for parts to come available.

Best of luck with your build and welcome to this great and exciting hobby.

"You've taken your first step into a larger world."