PDA

View Full Version : Keeping blade film in place

troaky
02-04-2016, 03:45 AM
Anyone any tips on stopping the diffuser film from sliding out of blade when removed from the hilt?

Denz
02-04-2016, 06:05 AM
You could try a spot of glue or some clear tape. Do keep in mind that gluing the film in place can result in wrinkles later as the film twists during play / dueling.

-Denzil

NanoRex
02-04-2016, 06:30 AM
Vader's Vault sells little dust caps that you can use to keep the blade film in and dust out :)

Don Se Wion
02-04-2016, 10:08 AM
My trick to solve this problem is to unroll the film inside the blade.

It's definitely easier to show the process rather than explaining it, but I'll give it a try.

Once you put the film inside the blade, stick you little finger in the roll and slowly start unwinding it from the center.
You will see that unrolling the film will increase its diameter and will adhere to the inside wall of the blade.
If you insist a little unrolling the film it will become really snug and will not fall down when you remove the blade.

Arkanjel
03-06-2016, 06:31 AM
I glue discs of clear plastic from packaging over the open ends of my blades once the film is in. No dust, no film falling out.

Greenie
03-06-2016, 02:40 PM
I glue discs of clear plastic from packaging over the open ends of my blades once the film is in. No dust, no film falling out.

:idea::idea: Why have I never thought of this? :idea::idea:
Top marks to Arkanjel :mrgreen:

Silver Serpent
03-07-2016, 07:08 AM
That sounds like a fantastic solution.

Arkanjel
03-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Its simple and effective. Less hassle at cons if you take the blade out to wear your hilt. And its easy to peel them away if you want to change out your core.

Big_Furry_Oaf
03-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Does anyone use an alternative to the VV dust caps?
I'm looking for a similar cap to keep things from falling in the blade but also something low profile to help me grab the blade when I pull it from the pocket in my cloak.

rlobrecht
03-09-2016, 01:30 PM
I remember reading that someone used cane tips for this purpose. A quick search on Amazon for 1" ID caps also turned up some interesting options.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-09-2016, 02:23 PM
1" plastic or rubber chair leg caps also work well for dust covers...they can be found at most hardware stores, and usually in packs of 4.

CET
03-09-2016, 04:08 PM
I have 3 blades and duel regularly, I've never had an issue with film sliding around at all. :?