PDA

View Full Version : NBV3 wiring check and question.

Eld
02-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new here, but have been lurking and reading and studying as much as I could to do some saber building. I recently completed a build with the NB2 with a recharge and tri Cree successfully. Now I am about to start a build with the V3 and wanted to run some questions by you all.

I am of course going to utilize the FOC feature, and I want to in corporate an accent led for a CC. This is my rather crude diagram. I didn't include resister values, and the recharge prongs may not be in the correct order. I just wanted to get an overall assessment of the wiring.

13222. Wow that came out small. Let me know is I should try to enlarge it somehow.

Now for my questions regarding the accent led. What I want is for the led to be on when the kill key is removed. I'm not sure on the wiring for that, or if my schematic would accomplish that. Also, would it be possible to have a small latching switch to turn it on/off? If so, how/where would that be wired in?

My other question is about the power output of the board. I'm using a tri Cree BBW. If my understanding is correct, the BB main LEDs would be the most the board could handle at 2A. Would the addition of the FOC and the CC led fry the board? Or am I being overly cautious?

Thanks in advance for reading this and for any advice you could give!

Cire Yeldarb
02-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Looks about right to me

Now for my questions regarding the accent led. What I want is for the led to be on when the kill key is removed. I'm not sure on the wiring for that, or if my schematic would accomplish that. Also, would it be possible to have a small latching switch to turn it on/off? If so, how/where would that be wired in?

The way you have the Accent LED wired now would be correct for the effect you want. Yes you could wire in a small latching switch to turn the Accent LED on and off independently (when the kill key is removed of course), you would just have to wire it in-line anywhere along either of the wires coming from the accent LED

Greenie
02-03-2016, 03:55 PM
It looks good to me and the accent led is correct for your desired set up. As for power consumption, I'm running a g/g/w, white for FOC, AV switch led and a 3528 led for the CC with the NBv2 and it handles it just fine. :mrgreen:

Eld
02-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the fast reply guys!
It's great to have such a knowledgeable resource to draw upon!
Once I get this up and running I'll try to post some pictures.

Cire Yeldarb
02-03-2016, 05:40 PM
I'll look forward to seeing it!