PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea so I need an opinion

morpheus1977
01-15-2007, 01:08 AM
hey every body it's been a really long time since I posted and I came here cause alot of people here are knowlegable about electronics. Also I know this is really not the place to post this question but there is no place to post questions about electronics in general. Ok on to my question I am converting a Nerf Long Shot CS-6 in to a blaster for my Custom Mando Costume. What I plan on doing is taking the electonics from a clone or stormtrooper blaster and putting inside my LS, thats not the part I am worried about though. You see the front part of the Long Shot comes off so you have a more compact gun. It does one of those twist to lock into place deals. Well when I put the electronics into the gun I will have no problems placing the LED's into the main gun but I also want the front part to light up when I attach it and pull the trigger. So this was my idea I am going to solder metal squares to the pos and neg leads then attach them to the barrel of the gun where the front section slides over. Then in the front section I will have the LED's with the Pos and Neg leads comming off of that, solder two metal squares, so when you attach and twist and lock into place the metal squares come into contact and finish the circuit. This is a very rough drawing of what I am talking about.http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/morpheus1977/Idea.jpg
so any thought?

james3
01-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Yep, good idea. I think it would work fine.

meiv4
01-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Yep that should work. might look for some copper tape to make the contacts with, it would probably be easier to work then anything else.

morpheus1977
01-15-2007, 10:46 PM
copper tape thats not a bad idea

elrond.406
01-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Is the Nerf Long Shot the one with a smaller gun at the front? Anyway, be sure to post pics of the results! 8)

morpheus1977
01-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Is the Nerf Long Shot the one with a smaller gun at the front? Anyway, be sure to post pics of the results! 8)
yes it is actually. well I picked up a new battery case for the 2 AA alot smaller so that should fit into the grip now I just have to figure out where to put the speaker and all of the wiring.

Ryma Mara
01-17-2007, 07:36 AM
I want to ge tne of them long shots cause they never had anything like that when I was a kid.

bazuka
05-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Is it just a short turn to attach that front part, or is it an endless twist-on deal like the MHS parts? If it's the latter, you will want to mark a line on the outside to reference where the copper pads will meet so you can mount them properly.