PDA

View Full Version : Yellow led

Bellator
01-31-2016, 06:58 PM
If I get a custom tri-Cree LED with red, green, and white, would the red and green create a yellow while I use the white for flash-on-clash color

JakeSoft
01-31-2016, 07:22 PM
It might come out yellowish if you resistor the LEDs properly. In my experience it always ends up looking a little bit a sickly yellow, though. You'll have to play with it. I know some have gotten good results by mixing amber with a little bit of green to get a good yellow.

CET
01-31-2016, 09:11 PM
You could just get a custom tri with amber/amber/white.

Bellator
02-01-2016, 09:30 AM
I have gotten advice to order a custom tri-rebel LED with Lime-313 and Red-106 for the yellow with a 6500k cool white-220
Would these be good colors to use?

CET
02-01-2016, 11:07 AM
That'll mix into yellow, but you'll probably have to play with some resistors to get the color you want, unless you have a sound card that will do color mixing. You'll have more color options, but your blade won't be quite as bright, because you're turning down the output on your LEDs to color mix.

Personally, one I commit to a color I'm not interested in changing colors later, so I just buy my LEDs with the color that I want in the end. That's just my preference though. Some people like being able to change blade color.

Bellator
02-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Being a student with no income, and the hilt costing so much. I was wondering if anyone knew of a color combo that worked for them/friend or if they knew of a LED color testing website so I could make a reasonably good yellow the first time around.

BZWingZero
02-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Your best bet is to get the LEDs that'll mix to a close yellow and a bunch of resistors (about $0.50 each) to fine tune the color before soldering everything. A pack of alligator clips are good to keep on hand.

Cire Yeldarb
02-02-2016, 11:17 AM
I personally like the golden yellow of an Amber LED, so just that has worked fine for me. It really all depends what shade of "yellow" you even want in the first place