PDA

View Full Version : Render of my GENERAL GRIEVOUS custom saber.

DACOTA
01-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Ok Tim said I could post this concept somwhere other than the concept and sketches thread,so here goes its the final render of my soon to be saber,tell me what ya think

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/DACOTA007/grevious2-1.jpg

Lord Maul
01-12-2007, 03:31 PM
looks bood but i don't know how you will get those claws :D
where will the on/off switch be?

DACOTA
01-12-2007, 03:36 PM
On the lower grip,its a push on/of switch,the saber will also have an mr luke sound board.And the prongs will be made from flatbar about 6/16 of an inch thick,they will be welded or I will secure them with a slightly recessed socket head screw from Tim.In case you could not tell that green thing in the saber is a light-up crystal showing through a cut-out.

Lord Maul
01-12-2007, 03:41 PM
for the green thing, just make it be the blade. otherwise, your blade holder probably won't be long enough

01-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Nice saber Dacota, when are you going to be able to start on it? I wanna see pics of the progress.

vortextwist
01-12-2007, 05:04 PM
sweet! I love the claws

DACOTA
01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Well once I get some money and a lathe for the ribbed grip, so hopefully in 6 months,but im anxious and i'll do whatever to get it done,but yes I will post progress pics.Lord Maul I have completely figured out the design and ive drawn it up,but I dont understand how it wont work.Remember,this render isnt exact for scale size,the crystal wont be that close to the emitter,it will be Tims plain screw on emitter then I will carve it out into the render shape with a dremel.Oh and there is two leds one for the crystal and one for the blade.