PDA

View Full Version : Silver (blue/white) Blade LED question

Nejaa
01-22-2016, 07:19 PM
Hello all!

So after some saving and debating I want to build my first saber. I've decided on the handle parts and am looking into the wiring and LEDs.
I'd really like to have a Silver blade and from what I've read it seem like a Blue & White mix is the way to go using a Custom Tri-Cee LED.

So my question is, how is the best way to go about getting the Silver color result? And what parts would I need to do it? I'm not really looking to put a soundboard in if I don't have to. I was kind of thinking it would be a solid while with a blue aura type of look, but I'm unsure as to how it would look exactly.

I appreciate any help and pointers anyone might have!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

If you look at GCS's Corran Horn saber, it has a silver blade color mixed with Blue and White. It's basically looks white with a little blue hue to it.

Nejaa
01-22-2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks!
That is a spot on Corran Horn Saber I must say! I honestly see mainly blue when I look at it but that could just be the picture or camera
I was kind of hoping for something like this. (pic from Miraluka from another thread)

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/Rikou-Namae/20150726_214616.jpg[/IMG] (http://s704.photobucket.com/user/Rikou-Namae/media/20150726_214616.jpg.html)

Ty_Bomber
01-22-2016, 09:41 PM
I love to dial down the blue, myself. Running the blue with a resistor and the white as a direct drive makes a nice silver. Get a 2w resistor for your blue and run the white off of 3.7 V and you should be happy with what you get.

Nejaa
01-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. What, uh...what does that mean? lol
I understand the 2w and 3.7 V but how would I go about doing what you described as far as the wiring and LED? Or is there somewhere else I could look for that?

Kouri
01-23-2016, 06:07 AM
I've heard of folks using a white LED and popping one of the light blue color discs on top. That Cree XP-L in the shop should maybe for a very bright saber.