PDA

View Full Version : Wire check for a v3 setup please

JTP
01-22-2016, 12:04 PM

Here is my setup for my saber build. I've read the manual a few times for how to wire the new FoC and which accent pad I'd like to have powering my switch LED. I will say that the wire colors are based upon how I will be wiring it so they may not follow a strict code but every + and - pad is labeled so it should be simple enough to read. I've read a few posts of people saying they only need one resistor between the two greens since they are the same, but I'd rather play it safe and wire a resistor to each of them as well as the white LED even if it is only for FoC. I made sure to wire in an DynaOhm for my switch and labeled the negative paths for my recharge port so I know what goes where. Those seem to be the biggest areas of discrepancy when looking at other posts like this.

Resistors
Green LEDs - 1Ohm/2Watt (2)
White LED - 1Ohm/2Watt (1)
Switch - DynaOhm (1)

If I am missing anything or have something wired incorrectly, please let me know. I've spent a lot of time searching the forums and looking at similar builds so I have a decent idea of what to do and what not to do. For the most part I believe I am good to go but it's always smart to grab a second pair of eyes or more to check.

NanoRex
01-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Looks good to me.

Jay-gon Jinn
01-22-2016, 10:17 PM
The negative terminals on the recharge port are reversed...looking at the port from the direction you have it drawn, the center tab is the battery ground, the one to it's right is the switchable ground which will kill power to the board when the charger is plugged in.

JTP
01-24-2016, 10:17 AM
I didn't even realize I drew it that way, haha. Thank you for pointing that out, I will correct my blueprint and be sure to double check myself when I begin construction.