PDA

View Full Version : Batteries for string blade?

ooty99
01-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone, I am brand new to the saber-building scene, so please dont give me too much flak for asking a possibly dumb question.

I am going to be building my first led string blade in about a month and a half when i get back from college, so I am spending some time researching before I buy. I am planning on using about 100-130 straw hat leds (blue) that are ~3V and 20mAh. My main concern is power. I am having trouble imagining that a 2x AA battery pack could power that many LEDs for a very long time. The other option I was considering was to rewire a 4X AAA pack to 2 each in series and togeather in parralell in order to get 3V. However, I dont know if this would be much of a difference.

Thank you so much!

Silver Serpent
01-21-2016, 02:08 PM
I would highly recommend using li-ion batteries. Each cell is 3.7v, and the larger ones can have upwards of 3000mAh of stored energy.

TheBaconWizard
01-24-2016, 12:56 PM
I would highly recommend using li-ion batteries. Each cell is 3.7v, and the larger ones can have upwards of 3000mAh of stored energy.

Which can't be posted internationally, but of course a RC hobby shop will sell them. I happen to have a passing interest in battery/capacitor tech, and I think within the next 18 months, great leaps forward will be made. There's some crazy stuff being scaled-up from the lab as we speak.