PDA

View Full Version : Nano biscotte V3 wiring diagram

Evol
01-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Hi ! :)

I finally order my Nano Biscotte V3, and I'm so excited about it !
I read the Owners Manual to understand how to wire everything together.

I'm using a recharge port and a Cree XP-E2 (3 LEDs : 2 for the colors, and one for Flash on Clash).
Here is the diagram I did with Photoshop :

I would like to know if everything is ok before starting the build :)
Can help other people too ;)

Thanks guys !

MTFBWY

Gwyren
01-17-2016, 05:44 PM
First off, if a more experienced forum member contradicts me you should probably listen to them. :)

I have a few items I would ask for clarification concerning or have suggestions for:

1) On the positives of your two main blade LEDs you may want to put a resistor on each separately if those are not the same color. If the forward voltages on each led is not the same you may not get the brightness you want out of the blade.

2) What is your AV switch? Is it an anti-vandal switch? Is so I believe the LED has to be wired as well as the switch does not turn it on and off.

Other than those two items I believe it looks good.

Generic Jedi
01-17-2016, 07:16 PM
The recharge port looks funny. The negative leg that connects to the battery negative does not connect to anything else. The recharge port negative leg that connects to the Nano Biscoote should also connect to the AV switch.

Evol
01-18-2016, 01:49 AM
Hi guys ! :)

1) On the positives of your two main blade LEDs you may want to put a resistor on each separately if those are not the same color. If the forward voltages on each led is not the same you may not get the brightness you want out of the blade.

2) What is your AV switch? Is it an anti-vandal switch? Is so I believe the LED has to be wired as well as the switch does not turn it on and off.

Well, I guess you're right, but since I'm using Green-Green-White LEDs, I can use only one resistor. But maybe I could put one on each on the diagram for people who dont want the 2 same LEDs colors.
Yes it is, but not sure about that; On the Owners Manual, they dont mention that. I guess the wiring to the battery is enough to cut the current. Not sure about that, and thanks to point it out.

The recharge port looks funny. The negative leg that connects to the battery negative does not connect to anything else. The recharge port negative leg that connects to the Nano Biscoote should also connect to the AV switch.

Yeah sorry, that's how I see it ^^ Mm ok ! So the AV Swicth is connected to the wrong light red wire ?

Thanks guys for your help ! :)

Generic Jedi
01-18-2016, 02:05 AM
That's right. Connect the AV switch to the red wire that connects to the P - on the NB.

Evol
01-18-2016, 04:00 AM
Ok, I'll change that, thanks :)

Greenie
01-18-2016, 06:04 AM
FYI, to avoid confusion,positive should be red and negative should be black

Evol
01-18-2016, 07:09 AM
FYI, to avoid confusion,positive should be red and negative should be black

Yeah but since there is several components I didnt follow that color code. But Maybe I should keep the dark for negative, and the light for positive (I did the oposite).

NanoRex
01-18-2016, 07:36 AM
If your AV switch is the illuminated type, you will need to wire the LED separately from the actual switch circuit. The NB manual describes how to wire a "power-on indicator" which is what you want for the LED in the AV switch.

Evol
01-18-2016, 08:40 AM
If your AV switch is the illuminated type, you will need to wire the LED separately from the actual switch circuit. The NB manual describes how to wire a "power-on indicator" which is what you want for the LED in the AV switch.

Well I'm using a AV Switch momentary, but non-illuminated type. But I may use an illuminated type for my next builds, so can be usefull, thanks :)

Evol
02-13-2016, 01:55 PM
Here is it, hope there is no more mistakes :)

NanoRex
02-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Looks good to me. Although to be safe you may want to put a resistor on each main LED in case they have slightly different forward voltages and one hogs all the current.

Evol
02-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Looks good to me. Although to be safe you may want to put a resistor on each main LED in case they have slightly different forward voltages and one hogs all the current.

Mm ok good to know, thank you a lot for your help ! :)