PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good ol'CF v4 SD card contents

JustAFluke
01-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Hi everyone !

(insert boring but nonetheless mandatory presentation)

I'm starting to feel old but I started building sabers in... 2005, 2006 I think ? After being utterly disappointed with my MR FX purchase. I used the first CF, and then I was hooked ! A few sabers were made, until, a few years later, time and priorities didn't align anymore... Last time I built one, I used a CF v4. Anyway. I had lots of parts in advance and I could never throw them out, so in a dusty box they went. Timewarp to today...

(now let's get to the main point...)

So I was cleaning up a bit, and I found some "old" spare parts... and then I found a few CF ! A v1.2 and a v4.0. I quickly wired them up, and lo and behold, they're perfeclty functional... except for the SD cards.:evil:

With the recent SW revival, one of my friend's kids went crazy when I showed him one of my old saber (a Vador MRFX converted to CF 1.2...:cool:) and I thought I could maybe manage to build him a correct one.

Plecterlabs' website doesn't host anymore the old CF packages, and i tried to search the interwebs but without success. I tried to... erm... "Frankenstein" the SD card contents. I managed to boot the CF so I assume it's working OK (boot sound heard, at least), but I can't go any further without the correct configuration. the config files are too different from the other versions.

The one I'm most interested in is the V4.0 (I think any sub-version would work with it). Bonus hugs if you happen to have a SD card from a V1.2 :p

I don't care for special fonts or anything like that. If it's stock, cool, but as long as it works... :)

Anyway, thanks for reading !

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the Forums.

If you send Erv' a message through his site, he may still have a link to the default files for the CF v4 that he can send you.

Silver Serpent
01-15-2016, 09:09 AM
Send an email off to Erv over at Plecterlabs. Since he built those boards, he may still have copies of the old config files.