PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Here

Eric C
01-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Hi folks. I'm Eric. I found the custom saber shop on youtube a couple of days ago while trying to search tutorials for building my own lightsabers. I have a lot to learn. I know I will want to build three sabers for starters.

Why?

Well, besides lightsabers are cool, my family and I are working on kits from Star Wars. My daughter has fallen in love with Rey's character. My wife will most likely do a General Leah outfit. But my son and I decided to make up a couple of random Sith Lords. My character will carry two slightly shorter sabers while I think he has decided on a saber staff.

Okay, the way I've always done things is jump right in and ignore the learning curve until it completely defeats me. I've learned, however, that this only leads to frustration. SO, if it's okay with everyone, I'll sit back, read the forums and get started as I can... and ask questions.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the Forums.

Take your time, it will take you some time to read up and learn.

Eric C
01-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Thanks! Yeah, I'm already finding out that there is a LOT of knowledge already laid out here for me to read through. I've started reading the basic saber-build step-by-step tutorial. Good info there. I have time. While each part seems pretty affordable, I still have to save up to buy them. All that means is that I have time to keep reading and researching. I have to work on some soldering skills anyway. I stink at soldering.