PDA

View Full Version : First Saber Design

Nuff
01-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on these forums, but I've been browsing them for a couple of weeks now. For Christmas a niece of mine made me a lightsaber out of a wrapping paper tube which I found adorable. After playing with it at our party it broke and got me thinking of making my own for fun. I started looking into PVC and then stumbled on some YouTube videos which lead me to TCSS. Now after a few weeks of planning I've decided to take the plunge and start building one. I'm pretty good with a dremel and various saws and such, however I don't have any of the heavy duty tools; such as lathes and drill presses. TCSS fits the bill perfectly for my skill set. Anyway I've gone thru probably a hundred different designs on the MHS Builder and finally settled on the design pictured here. I'm going to use an NB with a TRI Cree blade, wire up the FOC and use the accent light the NB provides for a crystal chamber I plan on making as well. I'm 90% sure I'll be able to fit everything I want in the hilt I designed, however I'm curious if the speaker will fit in the pommel with the crystal chamber right above it. Other than that if anyone sees something I may not have calculated for please let me know. Thanks for looking!

Cire Yeldarb
01-08-2016, 12:48 PM
You should be able to fit the speaker down below the Crystal Chamber fine, as well as fitting everything else above the chamber as well. Just be sure to get the right chassis parts and don't plan on having a lot of room to spare!

darth_chasm
01-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Welcome aboard.

Is your battery removable or are you going to be using a recharge port?

Nuff
01-08-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm planning on doing a removable one. I'm also a vaper, quit smoking a year ago and have about 12 18650's always lying around charged.

Nuff
01-08-2016, 01:05 PM
I was thinking of basically unscrewing above the chamber and having access to my battery there. The speaker will be modular and my accent light will be either modular or part of the battery chassis.

darth_chasm
01-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Either way, recharge or removal is going to be a little tricky. Plan well ;)