PDA

View Full Version : Batteries and Amperage

Roaoon
01-05-2016, 08:58 AM
If this has been answered feel free to throw the link as a response, I looked and didn't find anything.

I'm getting mixed answers about appropriate batteries to use. I read in the Nano Biscotte manual that I should use SINGLE Cell, 2000mAh.

Someone told me I can use any Amperage because that is just the measure of how much power is stored for running time, but I know that pumping more Amperage can heat up the electronics and potentially fry it.

I looked in the Canadian customers section for buying a battery but there's no 3.7v SINGLE cell under 2000 mAh.

Is the 2000 mAh rating in the manual for the board wrong or is it referring to something else? I'm confused.

Thanks in advance.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-05-2016, 09:37 AM
You are confusing terms. mAh measures Amperage discharged over TIME. Any 3.7V battery solution would work with a NB. The higher the mAh rating, the longer the saber will run for. It's as simple as that.

Cire Yeldarb
01-05-2016, 11:41 AM
The NB does have a 2000mA limit though as far as driving LEDs through it; meaning that you wouldn't want to drive more than 2000mA at a time through the main LED channel on the board. But thats mroe a factor of wiring multiple LEDs to the board and has nothing to do with the Battery's mAh term

Roaoon
01-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Okay cool then, so I don't need to worry about the mAh rating at all to the board and can go ahead with any Single cell 3.7V battery.
Thank you.

Greenie
01-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Okay cool then, so I don't need to worry about the mAh rating at all to the board and can go ahead with any Single cell 3.7V battery.
Thank you.

Not 'any'. Lithium Ion are your best bet for batteries

Roaoon
01-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Not 'any'. Lithium Ion are your best bet for batteries

What do you mean? I know there can be serious implications to handling batteries wrong. I figured as long as I make sure it has a PCB on it I'm good.

Miraluka
01-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Just saying to specifically use Li-Ions, not Li-Pos, LiMns, etc.

Roaoon
01-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Just saying to specifically use Li-Ions, not Li-Pos, LiMns, etc.

Okay awesome. I had planned to stick with Li-Ion.