PDA

View Full Version : Complete Blade or custom?

miya94
12-19-2015, 05:01 AM
I've started to buy parts for my saber and i was wondering which one to go with:
Corbin blade, TCSS blade or get the Polycarbonate in the colour and size i want along with the end tip.

Please and thank you, help is much appreciated :D:D:D

Cha-Li Obedi
12-19-2015, 09:23 PM
I like the question Miya94. I've just started a couple of builds myself and went with the complete TCSS style "Battle blade." They looks great and are incredibly sturdy; however, I'll be interested in the feedback you get.

Good luck with your build and welcome the to forum.

Miraluka
12-19-2015, 09:36 PM
I just buy complete blades. I've bought them from a variety of different places just to see what I like best. DIYing blades can be a pain in the butt and I haven't invested the time and money in finding a good way to diffuse them. I'd rather use my energy on the hilt.

miya94
12-20-2015, 05:28 AM
thank you for your help and i will be sure to upload my findings and end result of my saber. I ended up going with the TCSS show blade.:D:D

Darth Nater
12-21-2015, 08:22 PM
You've already made your choice, but I'll add anyway.

For someone doing a single saber, buy it. If you planned on multiple in the future (which I ended up doing eventually), you'll need a tube of that #16 polycarbonate adhesive and you can build your blades for like $13 each. I can't remember what the extra charge is to have one cut to length. I normally tape mine, mark the cut line, crap a piece of paper towel up in it so that the dust doesn't go up in the blade when I cut it, and then cut it clean with a miter saw (buy your intended length if you don't have access to the saw). The adhesive is a bit of a pain, but works well when done right and you're saving nearly $20 a blade in the long run.

Jay-gon Jinn
12-24-2015, 12:44 PM
I've started to buy parts for my saber and i was wondering which one to go with:
Corbin blade, TCSS blade or get the Polycarbonate in the colour and size i want along with the end tip.

Please and thank you, help is much appreciated :D:D:D
Making your own blade is easy: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?7274-How-to-construct-an-LED-Blade-%28or-at-least-how-I-do-it%29 I personally never much cared for the corbin film, since it leaves a visible seam inside the blade where the edges of the film overlap. The colored blades are not really intended for lighting up...they were added to the store to give an option for those that like to use their sabers in day light and need the blade to be colored. Colored blades used with white led's for example, are not going to be as bright as a standard color led and a clear blade.

Miraluka
12-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Making your own blade is easy: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?7274-How-to-construct-an-LED-Blade-%28or-at-least-how-I-do-it%29 I personally never much cared for the corbin film, since it leaves a visible seam inside the blade where the edges of the film overlap. The colored blades are not really intended for lighting up...they were added to the store to give an option for those that like to use their sabers in day light and need the blade to be colored. Colored blades used with white led's for example, are not going to be as bright as a standard color led and a clear blade.

Maybe I'll dive into it eventually. I mean, it doesn't seem overly complicated, I guess I'm just lazy. :p
Thanks for the tutorial.

miya94
12-26-2015, 10:58 PM
thanks for the tips, i think ill make another one for my brother so ill be sure to try this one and compare