PDA

View Full Version : Help my Vader Fx battery pack

Metalurgia
12-18-2015, 06:45 AM
So I was stupid enough to leave the 3AA batteries inside the holder for a long time and they leaked. All the wires are destroyed and there is acid everywhere. I manage to take the blade apart to clean and manage to dismantle the holder and make it work. I want to know if there is a holder or something else I can put in order to replace the battery holder because I have to basically destroy the one that I have in order to make it work again and also the speaker inside the holder is in bad shape. Please help.

Silver Serpent
12-18-2015, 06:54 AM
Your best bet would be to look around online for spare parts. eBay, Fx-sabers buy/sell forums, etc.

Otherwise, you'll be cleaning the pack with baking soda, soap and water, and then re-wiring it. Possibly replacing the speaker.

Metalurgia
12-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Yes that is what i did but it ended looking messy because I had to break the bottom part of it in order to make the necessary solder. I don't want it looking like that. 12596

Metalurgia
12-18-2015, 10:49 AM
I manage to clean it and make it work I am a bit picky and I want to find an spare battery holder for the lightsaber but so far I haven't found anything.