PDA

View Full Version : LUKE ESB

tetmatek
10-30-2005, 06:25 PM
is the clamp removable from the hilt without destroying it.
i have tried to remove three with no luck. i tried bending the tabs but they break easy. Do the 6 AA battery fx sabers require any mods to go Luxeon (not the ones with EL Paper). other than that road block the rest comes apart quite easy.

Bobby Zero
11-01-2005, 08:18 PM
I think you mean the clampy deal that goes around the base of the blade and sticks through a hole in the top of the hilt. It's held in place by a pin, and also the blade. It's not necessary to remove this piece, but to remove the blade, you'll have to shove it down through the bottom of the hilt. You can't pull it out the top. However, to get it down, through the bottom, you'll have to drill out those rivets on the grips, and then remove the small piece of threaded aluminum into which the end cap screws.

v8sharkie
11-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Has anyone completed a graflex 3 cell ESB to Luxeon yet? If so - did you use the machined heat sink in the shop here?

walky
11-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I have often wondered the same
It is really no problem taking these apart
I have tons of pictures breaking down the disassembly of this saber

I just want to know where to connect a luxeon to the MR chip

if my math is right it uses 9 vdc in the 6 aa batteries

is that too much for a luxeon ?
well, back to reading .............

LAN-ED-TUL
11-23-2005, 02:46 AM
if anyone could do it it would be tim. if he could machine a core part, just like the one i got from thegraflexshop, only make the indie bigger for led 1 inch, then it would look like its supposed to. it would have the lil brass pins in the side holes and slotted parts where they line up on the outside. im really impressed with the core part i have. its great for a el setup. but would definately have to be reamed out larger for a 1 inch blade for the luxeon setup.

just an idea, hint, hint, to tim.

tetmatek
11-23-2005, 08:15 PM
i am working on a holder for Tims 1.5 holder (lol) made using a electrical conduit union. and you can use a piece of 1.5 sink tube as a shim. Different size shims will create almost any size. Pvc will work as well. I guess the only real challenge is to make slimmer hilts. the led holder part with bolts seems to create the problem for reduction. Maybe instead of bolts a case hardened pin could be used for line up. tapering the pin or hole would provide tight fit.Seems like space has been an issue in all my hilts so once it is in it won't even budge anyway.

Strydur
11-23-2005, 08:32 PM
with the new hilt design I should be able to design a slimmer hilt setup

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

johnmarchi25
12-04-2005, 05:53 PM
uh whats the difference between the ESB blades and the ones u can just buy on this site that are much cheaper...

John Marchi