PDA

View Full Version : Wired everything and it's not working.

Mojache
12-11-2015, 08:09 AM
So in the last three days i've patiently wired my saber. I'm using a PC v3.5 with the Color Xtender, a R/G/RB/ tri cree XP-E2 and for a battery i'm using a 7.2v 2600 mAh li-ion pack with a switchcraft 2.1mm powerjack as a recharge port. I followed the PC v3.5 user manual for the wiring.
I am able to charge the battery with the recharge port but when i try to activate my saber i get nothing, not even a boot sound. I changed the wiring on the recharge port to every possibility, and got 2 configurations where something happend.
The first: i changed the postive wires with the negative board wire, this allowed me to charge the battery but no activation.
The second: I switched the two negative wires, hooked it up to my charger got a boot sound and was able to activate it and then it turned off, by fiddling with the plug from the charger i was able to get the boot sound again.
I also tried to activate it without the recharge port and still no boot sound.
I checked my wiring on the board everything is in the right place, the solder joints are sturdy.
The culprit that i suspect is causing this is my battery pack, but i just want to get a second opninion from the more experienced builders.

darth_chasm
12-11-2015, 08:27 AM
I would suggest posting some pics of your wiring with labels for each wire if possible.

If you reversed polarity to the board you very well may have fried something.

Silver Serpent
12-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Yeah, swapping positive and negative wires is a recipe for disaster. Please post some pictures so we can look at the wiring.

Mojache
12-22-2015, 08:07 AM
So i finally had some time and motivation to make some photo's, the wiring has "labels" so that you can figure out where everything goes. I also upgraded my battery pack so now it runs on 2 3.7v 3000mAh.

http://imgur.com/a/xO0UD

FenixFire
12-22-2015, 08:15 AM
One problem, it looks like the white FoC has a damaged possible bare spot. In the last photo you can see charing, either from arcing or being touched with the iron.

Mojache
12-23-2015, 02:53 AM
Fixed the white FoC wire, still nothing.