PDA

View Full Version : saber design idea

jedi tom
01-01-2007, 05:37 AM
sorry if this has been asked but is it possible to make a double ended saber that splits in to two one handed sabers and so you can swing around the double handed saber like a crazy baffoon.

xwingband
01-01-2007, 06:59 AM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc-703-33-double-ended-male-threaded-connector.aspx

jedi tom
01-01-2007, 08:18 AM
say your fighting with the double ended and then you want to fight with 2 saber would the threader work or would there be a hole in the end of the saber.

LordArgyll
01-01-2007, 10:43 AM
There will be holes unless you stop to attach pommels to both ends. The threaded connector, while very secure, isn't very practical for release in the middle of a fight.

jedi tom
01-01-2007, 11:00 AM
thats annoying i really wanted one that i could detach quikly in a fight i think ill think about it and get some ideas.

JediHilt
01-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Maybe you can make some sort of a vacuum cleaner style clip button release you know like the clips they use to clip extentions together with so then you just squeeze and pull apart.

vortextwist
01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I was kind of toying with the pneumatic air chuck connectors, but I think they woud look weird, bulky and out of place.

http://www.grainger.com/images/products/enlarged/XL-4X396.JPG

Lord Maul
01-01-2007, 04:34 PM
or you could use neodymond maganates. buy them on ebay. i know that is your next question :lol:

LordArgyll
01-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Neodymium magnets. :roll:

Maybe a pair of neodymium (more informally "rare earth") magnets combined with some sort of twist-and-lock release. I'd be worried that magnets alone would either fly apart with all the saber-flailing, or else be too strong to pull apart with your bare hands.

vortextwist
01-01-2007, 09:15 PM

Maybe a pair of neodymium (more informally "rare earth") magnets combined with some sort of twist-and-lock release. I'd be worried that magnets alone would either fly apart with all the saber-flailing, or else be too strong to pull apart with your bare hands.
Well I will let you know what happens, I got 4, 3/4 round x 3/4 long, I will just maybe have to have tim machine the inside of the pommels out a little more (if they even need it) I'm thinkin proly just 2 handed sabers. will have to see how it turns out.

Lord Maul
01-01-2007, 10:11 PM

he got the idea. my spelling was close enough :wink:

jedi tom
01-02-2007, 02:59 AM
ok thanks guys im gonna try a couple of ideas ill let you know whats good and whats bad if any do i might ost some pics as i got a new camera yesterday :D

Jedi-Loreen
01-02-2007, 06:57 AM

he got the idea. my spelling was close enough :wink:

But you keep spelling it the same wrong way. :roll:

Hear you nothing that we say? :?

Lord Maul
01-02-2007, 03:31 PM
no, i was closer this time than when you corrected me JLo :wink: at first i spelled it neodiamond. neodymond is closer :D

Firebird21
01-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Nimrod Magnets?

Just hope you don't have any skin in the way when those suckers take a liking to each other... :wink:

Ryma Mara
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I remember watching an epasode of mythbusters where they were doing some movie burgler stuff and jamie has some really huge magnets and man I would hate to have anything in the way when thoes connect to something.

Lord Maul
01-02-2007, 04:58 PM
ya, jamie has 10 hockey puck sized neodymium maganates that he used to climb a ventalater shaft. it sounded like he was smacking it with a sledge hammer when he did it :lol:

Ryma Mara
01-02-2007, 05:07 PM
But it worked thou, But adem climbing the building was pritty sweet.