PDA

View Full Version : Im new Help!

YisraEl123
12-04-2015, 05:30 PM
hey, i just found this awesome site and im pump to start building my first lightsaber but Im not sure what i actually need "List" of must have parts i guess is what Im looking for. anyone?:confused::confused:

Forgetful Jedi Knight
12-04-2015, 05:40 PM
hey, i just found this awesome site and im pump to start building my first lightsaber but Im not sure what i actually need "List" of must have parts i guess is what Im looking for. anyone?:confused::confused:

Welcome to the Forums.

Your "Parts List" will depend on what you want to build, and how much you can afford to spend, etc. etc. I strongly recommend you look around, read up for a while, and you'll start to learn about how this all works. there are around 1138 parts lists from various members floating around, so those threads might be a good place to start, as would the MHS builder, to design yourself a saber.

Be patient, you will have a ton of reading to do, and it WILL take time to absorb. Good Luck.

darth_chasm
12-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Welcome aboard. Have fun and good luck in your research :)

girot
12-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Seconded. It seems like a lot at first but it gets much easier the more you research.

I suggest starting by browsing the store. When you come across a new concept search it here and read up. YouTube is great too if you know where to look. Just avoid reviews. They are great for shopping but aren't helpful at all with the hobby.

YisraEl123
12-05-2015, 05:07 PM
so i build a Saber on MHS Builder but i got as far as the main body (and i was not even sure bout the switch hole so i chose standard???) CHocke, Pommel, and blade holder....the switch or Misc i have no idea...

this is the second saber i build and saved it on my desktop but now i cant figure out how to bring it back, anyhow the second one that i have on right now looks ok but i havent got farther then that. i dont think id build with the sounds yet, as long as the blade lights up ill do for now and once i have a bit more $$ then ill add (if that makes sence).

darth_chasm
12-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Watch the videos here http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?51-Informational-and-Tutorial-Videos

There are quite a few tips and tricks to help you get started. There is even a video about switches and switch holes. Also, don't be afraid to use the search function here in the forums. There is over 10 years of knowledge stored and just about any question you have has probably been answered.

Cha-Li Obedi
12-07-2015, 11:44 AM
I agree with what everyone is saying about utilizing the forum and read, read, read. I also like to point out Madcow's videos for The Custom Saber Shop on YouTube. I'm a noob myself starting my first actual build. I wouldn't have any idea how or where to begin without those videos. Rob (aka...Madcow) is just an awesome teacher.

So welcome to the forum and good luck with your research.