PDA

View Full Version : Totally Realistic

bodi
12-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm Bodi and I'm new to this forum.

I have a new design for a blade which is closer in appearance to the movie effect than anything I have seen on the net, and believe me, I've scoured it. I'm in the process of building it now and will post some pics as soon as its completed, so you can judge.

The blade core appears white hot, with a colored aura (all standard colors could be used) which is clearly visible, even in moderate daylight, and it doesn't have to be against a backdrop. The blade powers up and down the shaft completely realistically and can be programmed for any speed of ignition/deactivation. The blade has the appearance of rotating at high speeds and this is also programmable. The blade is constant in appearance throughtout its entire length. The brightness can be adjusted to any level up to NUCLEAR. Completely cool 'lens flare' effect, too.

Durability testing will begin as soon as the prototype is completed, and I have every reason to believe they will take a lot of punishment, since the blade is solid plastic.

I would appreciate any advice that you can give me as to what I should do with this. It looks pretty real.

Should I offer to sell my design to a manufacturer? Should I make them myself? Ebay? What's the way I should go here?

987654321a
12-31-2006, 08:23 PM
that sounds like a great idea. but how do we know your not rotoscoping? we dont and unless i see this in person or a how to guide. so im sorry to say but this sounds like bs.

bodi
12-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, what would you suggest? Video? I'm planning to do those, too.

I was thinking a good way to go will be to take one out in public and just video people's reactions...

I am very serious about this. I know theres a lot of BS on the net, but I'm for real.

You can check me out on Myspace, by the way. I'm Bodi.

http://www.myspace.com/138326967

Besides, I'm not trying to sell you anything. I would like some advice, though.

So, rather than berating, give me ideas. I won't send you one, or tell you how I do it. How can I get people to take me seriously? What would you do?

xwingband
12-31-2006, 08:30 PM
sounds like bs.

ditto... I'll believe it when I see it. The sheer power and illumination to be seen in daylight is absurd.

987654321a
12-31-2006, 08:32 PM
pm me and we will talk about it

bodi
12-31-2006, 08:41 PM
This is the 21st century. We have the technology. To be honest, it amazes me that there aren't any like this on the market already. Absurd? You must be kidding me.

xwingband
12-31-2006, 08:55 PM
Until you back it up with more than promises... you are the absurd one.

Yes, we have technology like it. Lucas sued a surgical company that made "lightsabers" that were about 1 cm long. We've had plasma torches for years...

I'm not an idiot either. A 100W bulb looks like crap in the daylight and any battery you could fit in a hilt wouldn't last long. So yes, I'm skeptical.

If you want to be taken seriously you'd post something more than a myspace and something concrete. Pics and videos can be faked. This is a community based on sharing... if you can't share then you generally won't be met with much loving warmth. :P

Ryma Mara
12-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Do you smell that? I do, do.

bodi
12-31-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm not here to make friends.

I like having friends and I will take all I can get, but that that's not why im here.

I'm also not here to sell anything.

I'm not here to convince you of anything.

I'm here to get some ideas and advice. Do you have any of that? I'm all ears. I just want to know what you would do if you had such an item.

Thats all.

Save your insults for someone who really is full of ****.

Jedi Belinos
12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
well it is all and good that you say it but you didn't mention what kind of technology you are talking about using or anything of that nature. how can we offer suggestions if we don't know what to suggest on?

bodi
12-31-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm not looking for technical advice. I have that well covered. I'm trying to figure out what I should do to protect my interest in the concept. I have nothing at all against telling you how to do it, so you can build your own, as long as I can profit from the idea without someone ripping me off. I know its worth a lot, if I handle it right, and thats what I want to do. I am pursuing a patent, but it's going to take a lot of time and money. In the meantime, how do I reach the right people? How do I find the right people and make them take me seriously without making myself vulnerable to having it stolen?

xwingband
12-31-2006, 09:23 PM
well it is all and good that you say it but you didn't mention what kind of technology you are talking about using or anything of that nature. how can we offer suggestions if we don't know what to suggest on?

Exactly.

If I had such an item ( :roll: ) I wouldn't be here. I'd have bank rolled and patented the idea. I'd then be showing it to interested parties like MR.

If it's worth anything patent it. Disclosure of the technology behind it is key. No one will believe if you don't and you can't patent a secret. This is for your believability and protection. If you didn't protect the idea it'd get stolen in an instant.

If you can't patent it (novel idea)... Your last result should be to sell them yourself if it's worth anything.

EDIT: It seems you are persuing a patent. If you can prove that you invented this then you are covered. If anyone steals it you can just sue them and just show your proof of "inventing" it first.

If you are that set on it. Go to MR. They have plenty of stuff you can look up. You'd want to talk to product development.

bodi
12-31-2006, 09:31 PM
How can I demonstrate that I have what I say I have, without:

a. showing how I do it.

b. mailing you one

c. going on a road trip to your house

d. you going on a road trip to mine

This is what I'm trying to figure out at the moment. So, yes, I know it looks fishy, but so what? All I'm asking for is some ideas...

Besides, actually, if you happen to be in Missouri, I would be willing to meet up.

xwingband
12-31-2006, 09:40 PM
If it's what you say it is... showing any of us does absolutely nothing. If you want to profit off it then you should be gathering your money to mass produce it yourself or getting to someone to who can. Patent it and get a person involved in marketing products to help you.

You picked a sucky place to post at. This is pretty much a DIY community. Without disclosing anything technical then I don't see why any of us should care. If it's good we'll be buying later... that's about it.

bodi
12-31-2006, 09:55 PM
I guess that I need to wait till I know more about the patent process, then. I can be pretty naive about business matters.

LAN-ED-TUL
12-31-2006, 10:20 PM
you think?

no proof, specially around here usually gets a bad response.

this reminds me way too much of the hyper-claims, and really bad ordeals that revolved around that subject.

please, lets not start another hyper-fight?

elrond.406
12-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm Bodi and I'm new to this forum.

I have a new design for a blade which is closer in appearance to the movie effect than anything I have seen on the net, and believe me, I've scoured it. I'm in the process of building it now and will post some pics as soon as its completed, so you can judge.

The blade core appears white hot, with a colored aura (all standard colors could be used) which is clearly visible, even in moderate daylight, and it doesn't have to be against a backdrop. The blade powers up and down the shaft completely realistically and can be programmed for any speed of ignition/deactivation. The blade has the appearance of rotating at high speeds and this is also programmable. The blade is constant in appearance throughtout its entire length. The brightness can be adjusted to any level up to NUCLEAR. Completely cool 'lens flare' effect, too.

Durability testing will begin as soon as the prototype is completed, and I have every reason to believe they will take a lot of punishment, since the blade is solid plastic.

I would appreciate any advice that you can give me as to what I should do with this. It looks pretty real.

Should I offer to sell my design to a manufacturer? Should I make them myself? Ebay? What's the way I should go here?

Show proof and we'll believe ya. On selling, have you gotten plans for a hilt?

bodi
12-31-2006, 11:49 PM
No. Actually, thats another reason that I picked this site. I'm sorry, I guess that could be considered a technical question. I do not yet have any idea on hilt design. I've never made a replica before. I have had this concept idea for years, but for various reasons couldn't do it. Now I can, and have the needed materials.

As far as the circuitry goes, its already designed. As far as putting it in a handle, well, thats on the drawing board.

I'll probably go with graflex at first for mine. I'm only making one personal one at the moment. I was just going to make something expediant to hold the blade to demo, for now. But I am getting set up to make them for family and friends and demos. So I guess I'm in the market for some handles. I'd like to buy them here. I'm looking.

Enolmano
01-01-2007, 08:47 AM
The best way to convince people is often to tell how it works. As like hyperdyne, At firts I thougt "this guy is bs". But when i saw/realized how it worked I thought more like "He's not Jesus, but it's probably good". Hyperdyne's blades are the same as MR's, but with 150 diods instead of 64. So to me it feels quite logic it's better. But when somebody like you comes up and just says you "got the answear" most people aren't convinced at all. And if you absolutely not wan't to tell people you should, like everyone says, patent it.
A god way to start sell something new is maybe to sell it with something old, that people know really works. Like the MHS.

elrond.406
01-01-2007, 12:31 PM
The best way to convince people is often to tell how it works. As like hyperdyne, At firts I thougt "this guy is bs". But when i saw/realized how it worked I thought more like "He's not Jesus, but it's probably good". Hyperdyne's blades are the same as MR's, but with 150 diods instead of 64. So to me it feels quite logic it's better. But when somebody like you comes up and just says you "got the answear" most people aren't convinced at all. And if you absolutely not wan't to tell people you should, like everyone says, patent it.
A god way to start sell something new is maybe to sell it with something old, that people know really works. Like the MHS.

Yeah, I agree.

Enolmano, is it just a coincidence or do you purposely type religious words like "Jesus" "answear" "god"? I don't mean anything by this, but it just came to me as I read your typos, so no offense. :oops: Just wondering.

Enolmano
01-01-2007, 01:44 PM
aaah... You see, I'm just a swedish 14 year old teenager, so my english is not perfect... :wink: So "god" was supposed to be "good"
You usually can't notice it but this was a pretty long post...

EDIT: and I'm not teligious at all. By "Jesus" I mean the man/woman hos is going to make the perfect lightsaber... :lol:

vadeblade
01-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi Bodi,

So, you want to prove you have something and the same time protect yourself...

As Xwing and many others have said, your first order of business should be to pursue a patent.

Go here:
http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/howtopat.htm

To save MONEY and TIME, file for a "Provisional Application for Patent". Once the Provisional Patent is accepted by the US Patent office you can legally say "PATENT PENDING!" Hooray!!

Provisional patents cost less to file and buys you 12 months to fully develop your idea into a marketable product under the protection of patent laws (with certain limitations). This means that you can then show off your idea to people like us and not worry that we will take it for our own profit.

Another benefit would be that it would be harder for this community (and others like it) to shout BS if you have a Patent Number to back your claims.

My advice to you.
1> spend a LOT of time in the US Patent web site. Look for other patents and technology that can relate to your's in any possible way. You will need that information when filing your claim. It is called Prior Art.
2> Act FAST. your research and patent should have been done yesterday... No, a month before yesterday.

Disclaimer: I'm not a patent lawyer, but I was pursuing a patent in early 2006. Unfortunately a company in Asia had the same idea and beat me with getting the product to market. The idea - A tracer system for airsoft built into the BB magazine. Ohh well...

Dregan
01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
LONG POST WARNING!!!

Patenting aside, there are a few ways you can go about marketing this.

One way would be to market whole, entire pieces (think Ultrasabers) - I personally would be slightly wary, because of the (very remote, but real) potential for intellectual property infringement lawsuit from Lucas Arts.

Another way would be to design a kit that a hobbiest could put together in a weekend or so. You would supply 100% of the necessary components in box.

Both of these have the drawback that you need to generate people willing to buy the product, in addition to actually having to make the product in the first place. This is typically called a direct to market approach, and although it seems lucrative, the costs of generating consumers usually eliminates the advantage you gain from it.

The third way, and what I think you will realize is ultimately the most profitable, would be to design a kit that would fit inside components already in use with as little modification as possible (look at Stryder's MHS, or even a sinktube) - I would stay away from requiring a Graflex because of unstable prices that those go for. This kit would then be sold (at wholsesale) to people like Ultra and Stryder and Corbin, who already have existing retail operations. This eliminates your having to generate your own sales. You can focus on manufacturing and R&D.

Regardless of which way you choose, you absolutely need to do three things:

Secure a patent on your system. There are different ways to do this, so speak with a patent attorney. They are worth their fee. DO NOT call one of those late-night 1-800-INVENTOR companies. You will pay exorbant fees and could even lose control over your own product.

Write a business plan. I went to college for 6 years to be able to do this correctly, so I cannot stress the importance of this enough. If you want more information on this, PM me. My advice if free for the asking, and as a former C.O.O. (chief operations officer) of a corporation, I could write a book on the subject. Maybe someday I will.

Develop and produce a working model. Several would be better. The patent office will need documentation of proof of concept, and anyone you deal with is going to want to see this thing in hand, from manufacturers to investors to resellers. After you have your provisional patent, your idea is protected, so others would not be able to gain from your invention. You could then feel more free to demonstrate your concept.

One other word of advice, and take it or leave, but build as many friends as you can. One reason that Hyper's product is considered a failure, while it really is impressive, is that the man is a bit of a egmaniacal pompous @$$. He pissed God and creation off in his postings, and threatening of lawsuits left and right. Learn from his mistakes.

I hope this helps. I'm off to start writing that book...

elrond.406
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
LONG POST WARNING!!!

LOOONG

I hope this helps. I'm off to start writing that book...

Good Luck! :wink:

987654321a
01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
sorry to say but i think its rude to be starting off someones own business on this site which is a store of a good friend (Strydur). honestly i still think its bs, i need to see it in person. the way you say this stuff bodi, it smells like bullcrap. like for example in your first post how you said it can get "NUCLEAR" type bright then i kind of lost my belief. but now that your actually going to pursue a patent please keep in mind that it would be nice to at least show progress pics. if you are going to be sour about this and not show pics of your rig then all is worthless. this is a website about sharing stuff, not keeping it a secret, i mean this isnt the CIA for cryin out loud. just think about what i said. im not tryin to steal your idea. im only 14 years old(soon to be 15 in 3 days.). i could honestly care less about your invention. we want to know what its all about before we go ahead and buy, if any buy it. i mean you never know if its a flimsy piece of crap or something worth talking about.

Jonitus
01-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Holy Hell! What the hell happened here? Did someone chew through their restraints or forget to take their Ritalin?

Good thing I wear cowboy boots, because the BS in this thread is deep!

Bodi, stop. Nobody believes you. It's nothing against you as a person, but you've thrown down some claims that cannot possibly exist with what we currently know of saber technology (and not to mention the pesky laws of physics). If your idea is so great, patent it, get rich, then be sure to come back here and point fingers at us and laugh. Oh, and post pics when you do. We'll gladly eat humble pie. Until that time, however, stop.

Now, where is my shovel...

james3
01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I wonder if Dave Thomas ever walked in to a McDonalds and said hey I have this idea for new burger, what do y'all think?

I personally don't give a crap if it is legit or not, the idea of coming on a forum linked to a store....Oh screw it, I sick of it.

Lord Maul
01-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Good thing I wear cowboy boots, because the BS in this thread is deep!

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_bsmeter.gif :P

Yoiaholic
01-02-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm not saying that this is legit or not, but people remember one thing. These days technology is advancing at a rate that is so accelerated it would be hard measure. Compared to the rest of known human history the last century has been insane in scientific and technological advances and it continues to accelerate.

About 100 years ago the automobile and airplane were first introduced to the world. Imagine how far we've come since then. As far as whats 'possible' today I don't think anyone can say for sure because it is just not possible for any one person to be an expert (and keep up) with all relevant aspects of what would be needed for saber design.

I think humankind is hindered more by all of those that say we will never be able to do _____. We really know so little about our world, the universe, and how it all works to be able to predict anything like that.

JediHilt
01-03-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm probably wrong but from his discription I'm going to venture a guess that his blade is a fluorescent tube if you have ever stood under long fluorescent tubes and looked up at them what do you see a really bright humming, glowing, and even rotoscoping tube it fits his discription.

xwingband
01-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm probably wrong but from his discription I'm going to venture a guess that his blade is a fluorescent tube if you have ever stood under long fluorescent tubes and looked up at them what do you see a really bright humming, glowing, and even rotoscoping tube it fits his discription.

Obviously haven't read the topic he had in Misc...

Still think it's a crack dream.

Lord Maul
01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
jedihilt, neon and flouresant tubes suck crap because if you even tap them, they will shatter :wink:

bodi
01-03-2007, 04:05 PM
It's not a fluorescent tube. Good guess. I think there is potential with fluorescent's if we can ever make an enclosure with the right properties, but that's not what I'm using.

Thanks to everyone who has pushed me in the direction of jumping on a patent immediately. I am doing so. I contacted some attorney's today and hopefully will be able to open up about this soon.

When I have secured at least patent pending status, I will openly and freely share everything I have, including blueprints, materials, and tools. (You will have to make some tools to build this).

Just FYI - My other post in the misc. section is a completely different item from the replica design. That post is just speculative engineering concerning a possible design for a real lightsaber, and really is just a pipe dream at this point. The replica design I talk about in this thread is very real, I have built it on a small scale and it works great. The full scale model is on the way, hopefully to be completed this week. I will post video when it's done.

Along the line of that business plan, great input. I'm getting started on that, too.

For those who may think I'm wrong for posting this here, let me ask this. how do you know I won't share this with Tim? Or anyone else? Once it gets going, I'm going to need help. Who better to either hire, or go into business with, than the kind of people here? The creative potential here is just waiting to be tapped.

Finally, if anyone is wondering, I'm not looking for capital. I have plenty.

I kind of doubt, at this point, that I will sell it to anyone, even MR. I need to wait and see how it goes.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. All I can say is .... just wait....

:wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:D :D :D

Lord Maul
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
get us pics/videos as soon as possible. then we will start believing in you :D :wink:

elrond.406
01-03-2007, 04:31 PM
get us pics/videos as soon as possible. then we will start believing in you :D :wink:

But again, how do we no its not rotoscoping?

bodi
01-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I've thought about that.

I guess you won't know, but I'll make sure that it is extraordinarily unlikely that it could be rotoscoping.

I'm planning to go out to public places and demonstrate. I guess you can judge by peoples reactions, I hope ...

elrond.406
01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I've thought about that.

I guess you won't know, but I'll make sure that it is extraordinarily unlikely that it could be rotoscoping.

I'm planning to go out to public places and demonstrate. I guess you can judge by peoples reactions, I hope ...

Good idea, unless...you're paying them to be good actors! :lol: :wink:

Ryma Mara
01-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Just do what chris angel does.

987654321a
01-03-2007, 05:48 PM
be an actor? criss angel is a phoney, he is a loser that just wanted some fame

vortextwist
01-03-2007, 06:10 PM
be an actor? criss angel is a phoney, he is a loser that just wanted some fame

he got it didn't he.

987654321a
01-03-2007, 06:12 PM
yea

james3
01-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Who is chris angel?

elrond.406
01-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Who is chris angel?

yea, never heard of him/her :?:

987654321a
01-03-2007, 07:22 PM
a magician that is so fake you can tell its video editing

elrond.406
01-03-2007, 08:49 PM
So hes a real guy or is that a description?

vortextwist
01-03-2007, 08:51 PM
he's a real guy, he has or had a show on tlc i think.

elrond.406
01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
a magician that is so fake you can tell its video editing

Do they make it luke fake on purpose?

vortextwist
01-03-2007, 09:19 PM
It is some pretty wild magic stuff. I only caught a little bit of his shows so I coudn't tell ya, do a google search on him.

Tenric Starkindler
01-04-2007, 12:06 AM
watch the language on the patent idea. The lawyers should know better, but if it even smells like Star Wars OR Light Saber Youll need the lawyers for other reasons.

there are technologies that might do the trick. I personally like the emerging 3D holographic technology (if it makes it to free floating images) as a possibility in the future.

vadeblade
01-04-2007, 09:02 AM
watch the language on the patent idea. The lawyers should know better, but if it even smells like Star Wars OR Light Saber Youll need the lawyers for other reasons.

Great advice Tenric. maybe put a spin on the utilization that would completely remove it from the Star Wars universe and make it a novel idea.

A bad Example: "a high visibility safety traffic directing device for police and parking lot attendants." :wink: I don't see how GL can sue you for marketing that.

Dregan
01-04-2007, 11:12 AM
I already sent him a PM on that, oddly enough. But in your description, you want to leave out as much of the intended purpose as possible, and stick mainly to function.

"System for a hand-held (or portable) illuminated bar with a single electronics terminus."

No mention of parking lot attendents or police or Jedi... 8)

bodi
01-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm getting ready to place an order with the shop for some parts.

I guess for now I'll go with the modular hilt system.

Any advice on sound circuits? What is the top of the line?

Dregan
01-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Sound modules is kind of determinate of what your illumination system's power requirements are.

Currently, the best setup (to be realized in just 8 short days) is 'Erv's Buttered Toast. In the 'Sound' forum here, read the "Custom?" thread. Failing that, the next best thing is a salvaged MR module.

jjshumpert
01-04-2007, 11:54 AM
tim has luke mr modules that will run a star o, lux3 or k2. the 5w can be run with it but needs a more direct drive type setup from the switch to get the lux to optimum

Tenric Starkindler
01-04-2007, 12:02 PM
I already sent him a PM on that, oddly enough. But in your description, you want to leave out as much of the intended purpose as possible, and stick mainly to function.

"System for a hand-held (or portable) illuminated bar with a single electronics terminus."

No mention of parking lot attendents or police or Jedi... 8)

"Unique sytem to be used in the production of Illuminated Martial Arts practice swords for use in instruction and demonstration. Function of system to be self contained and meant to enhance both visibility during training and performance impact during demonstration\exhibitions."

just off the top of my head.

bodi
01-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Great input, guys. Thanks tremendously. I have made application, but it looks like the process can take up to a few months before I receive patent pending status. In the meantime, I'll get some pics and video up as soon as the full scale model is done, and go from there.

Thanks again. I won't forget you...

elrond.406
01-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Great input, guys. Thanks tremendously. I have made application, but it looks like the process can take up to a few months before I receive patent pending status. In the meantime, I'll get some pics and video up as soon as the full scale model is done, and go from there.

Thanks again. I won't forget you...

You'd better not! :wink:

bodi
01-05-2007, 10:11 PM
how does 'simulated hand held energy weapon" sound?

elrond.406
01-05-2007, 10:21 PM

:? Not very good. I think you can be safe with just "Light Saber" (with a space)

xwingband
01-06-2007, 07:27 AM

:? Not very good. I think you can be safe with just "Light Saber" (with a space)

WRONG! He'd get sued in a second for that. Weapon is too strong of a word... that'll mess marketing up. Unless it is dangerous and marketing it will kill you anyway.

vortextwist
01-06-2007, 08:24 AM
MArket it as a built your own hobby sound thingy majig.

Like the first computers were back in the day when you had to build them.

elrond.406
01-06-2007, 11:39 AM
MArket it as a built your own hobby sound thingy majig.

Like the first computers were back in the day when you had to build them.

kinda like hasbro. Might get people confused and not buy because of higher price. :(

bodi
01-06-2007, 05:10 PM
it's only dangerous in two ways, as far as I can tell:

getting hit over the head with it might hurt, depending on how hard its swung, (its just a solid plastic blade) and you might go blind if you turn the brightness all the way up and stare at it too long...

elrond.406
01-06-2007, 05:55 PM
it's only dangerous in two ways, as far as I can tell:

getting hit over the head with it might hurt, depending on how hard its swung, (its just a solid plastic blade) and you might go blind if you turn the brightness all the way up and stare at it too long...

Like a luxeon saber. Might it be a hilt with a strong light source shining up a solid plastic blade?

ti-el_terall
01-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Is the plastic tube "solid" or is it hollow on the inside. IF its not hollow it will most likely snap when dueling with it.

bodi
01-07-2007, 12:57 PM
no, it's somewhat more complicated than that....

you'll see soon...

elrond.406
01-07-2007, 01:12 PM
no, it's somewhat more complicated than that....

you'll see soon...

Soon? So when do you predict that it'll be on the market? :)

JediHilt
01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
So your not even going to hint to us what creates this almost computer generated looking blade brightness?

elrond.406
01-07-2007, 03:07 PM
So your not even going to hint to us what creates this almost computer generated looking blade brightness?

Guess he isnt.

Lord Maul
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
he will once it is patented. until then we just have to believe :D

bodi
01-07-2007, 05:25 PM
on the market?

Oh, man. I have enough at the moment with the patent process and the prototype. I really have no idea. I think I mentioned that once the patent pending comes through, I'll tell you how to make one.

You could do it with off the shelf components, if you have a little engineering skill, although it is by no means simple. As far as when I might be selling them, I would say that that is at least several months away, give or take. I just don't know yet.

I got set back a full day on the project today because I broke a custom tool and can't get it fixed until tommorow... ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

JediHilt
01-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I once read on a starwars forum while researching something that there were these 2 knot head teenagers that took a couple of those neon gas sabers and filled the blade with gasoline to get a lightsaber effect needless to say they looked like aniken skywalker when he fell into the lava when they turned them on.

987654321a
01-07-2007, 06:32 PM
thats not smart.

Lord Maul
01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
wow, i love your sig CD :D :lol:

987654321a
01-07-2007, 07:55 PM
hehehe

bodi
01-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Bad Jedi

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/metahuman/badjedi.jpg

Bad Lightsaber

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/metahuman/badlightsaber.jpg

Lord Maul
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_spit.gif
HAHAHAHAHAHA great one bodi http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_roflmfao.gif

elrond.406
01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
:lol:

elrond.406
01-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Just thought of something...how can a blade burn like in the pic? Any ideas? :wink:

elrond.406
01-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Just thought of something...how can a blade burn like in the pic? Any ideas? :wink:

:idea: The blade's a dowel!

(gee I'm answering myself! :( )

MasterStoney
01-16-2007, 06:01 AM
I can't wait to see what Bodi's brewing up.

prefab sprout
01-16-2007, 07:35 AM
As long as it's not a tube of gas and a zippo!!

MasterStoney
01-16-2007, 10:38 AM
or a propane torch

elrond.406
01-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey bodi, about how much will the electronics for the saber cost?

bodi
01-19-2007, 12:18 PM
well, things are hectic here. I'm still working on the prototype, but it looks like it will be longer than I thought before its complete, due to complications in other areas of my life, the patent process, etc. It's still coming, though.

How much for the electronics? Not much. It will really depend on whether you do it yourself, or get it already constructed. If I sell them myself (and I don't know yet if that will be the case) I would guesstimate around $30 to 50.00 or so, but thats only a guess. If you buy the components and build it yourself, it would be less, of course. Thats just for the blade driver.

JediHilt
01-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm going to venture another guess is it like a halogen gas blade? or any gas for that matter.

Lord Maul
01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
no. you need a glass blade for gasses and last time i checked, glass shatters :roll:

JediHilt
01-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Well you can have a glass blade inside of a PC blade he's talking about the blade needing a special driver kind of like plasma sabers needing a special driver.

xwingband
01-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Plasma drivers aren't special.

And even inside PolyC glass will shatter from vibrations. Common sense there.

MasterStoney
01-19-2007, 04:05 PM
it would have to be some pretty thick glass

987654321a
01-19-2007, 04:26 PM
it would still break. face it glass breaks.

MasterStoney
01-19-2007, 05:05 PM
yeah if you smashed it against a metal pole.

987654321a
01-19-2007, 05:11 PM
it would chip and even if you have thick glass it would chip.

MasterStoney
01-19-2007, 06:07 PM
not if it was wrapped in polyC

xwingband
01-19-2007, 06:26 PM
not if it was wrapped in polyC

No... No it won't. PolyC bends, glass does not. Have you seen the pic of me whacking a pole? Even on small hits PolyC bends to a absorb the impact. Glass can not do that.

MasterStoney
01-19-2007, 07:44 PM
yeah i guess you're right about that. but if two people were dueling i don't believe it would chip. i don't know. i don't even know why i'm defending the idea because it's not a very good one

Lord Maul
01-19-2007, 08:10 PM
if you were dueling on your first hit you would have a blade full of broken glass and neon gas :roll:

JediHilt
01-19-2007, 08:29 PM
well here is a saber that is glass inside of polycarbonate.

http://www.futurehorizons.net/saber.mpg

987654321a
01-19-2007, 08:32 PM
not to mention it would be pretty heavy too

Firebird21
01-19-2007, 08:41 PM

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_repost.gif

My god! The sound effects are so horrible on that thing. :roll:

xwingband
01-19-2007, 09:00 PM
well here is a saber that is glass inside of polycarbonate.

Future horizon's resells the amazing1.com kits... They break. I've done it. In fact I still have a plasma driver...

987654321a
01-19-2007, 09:03 PM

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_repost.gif

My god! The sound effects are so horrible on that thing. :roll:

agreed. the power up/down is soooo slow.the swoosh is horrible!

MasterStoney
01-19-2007, 09:16 PM
what was in that thing?

xwingband
01-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Plasma blade (neon tube) which is nice but fragile. The sound... beats me. Sounds as bad as a Hasbro.

darth ney
01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
i used to have one of those plasma sabers but it broke the first day when it fell off the wall, thats why i looked into luxeon and found this place

Lord Maul
01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
yeah, it is a plasma tube but it has like clear spacers or somethin to make it so that the polyC can bend without breaking the tube. still is crappy though

MasterStoney
01-19-2007, 09:36 PM
looks like garbage to me

darth ney
01-19-2007, 09:39 PM
they are mine broke falling off the wall

MasterStoney
01-19-2007, 09:41 PM
i'd rather use a mag lite with a golf tube taped to it

Jay-gon Jinn
01-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Plasma blade (neon tube) which is nice but fragile. The sound... beats me. Sounds as bad as a Hasbro.
Even Hasbro's sound better than that thing did!

JediHilt
01-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I think it was poor quality camera so that's probably y it sounded worse than a hasbro.

Lord Maul
01-20-2007, 12:51 PM
well why don't you buy it and tell us what you think? :roll:

JediHilt
01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey I'm not defending that piece of crud I'm saying the camera was part of why it sucked so bad.

elrond.406
01-20-2007, 06:01 PM

I read somewhere that the sound board is salvaged from a hasbro. :)

TI-525
01-23-2007, 10:05 PM
you done makin your "uber saber" now bodi???

JediHilt
01-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Let me translate that please hurry the heck up were dying over here :lol:

robt666
01-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Well......He does have a myspace page so it must be on the up and up..

:wink:

elrond.406
01-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Any update on your saber bodi? :( I'm not sure how much longer i can wait! :P

MasterStoney
02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
how's that patent comin bodi?

xwingband
02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Patents take time... quit nagging. :P

987654321a
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
cmon be a little patient people, patience pays off!

shaas0927
02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
still waiting,..... and waiting,.......... and waiting

shaas0927
02-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey bodi Didnt you state you live in Festus mo
Well I live in St Peters and I would really like to be present when you demo this new saber

MasterStoney
02-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Patents take time... quit nagging. :P

I can't help it i'm a little nagger :oops:

elrond.406
02-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Nearly out of patience.... :o

I guess I'll just start on another MHS saber now :hint hint:

xwingband
02-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Nearly out of patience.... :o

I guess I'll just start on another MHS saber now :hint hint:

Patents take months if not years. As far as I'm concerned since he doesn't want to say anything about... this topic is dead. Stop holding your breath.

james3
02-09-2007, 07:00 AM
But xwing, if he holds his breath long enough... :wink:

JediHilt
02-09-2007, 05:29 PM
I wonder if Bodi knows the past 8 out of the 9 pages has been about us complaining over how long hes takin :lol:. Quick somebody check the random sabers forum to make sure he didn't skip out on us and has been marketing it to them :lol:.

shaas0927
02-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh no what ever will we do :cry:

elrond.406
02-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Oh no what ever will we do :cry:

We'd go there! :P

JediHilt
02-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Yah Tim would be like NONONO don't leave me everything in the store 25% off :lol: .

elrond.406
02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Yah Tim would be like NONONO don't leave me everything in the store 25% off :lol: .

Yea :lol: , then maybe we'd come back...

Just playin with ya Tim (right jedihilt?) We'd never leave TCSS., the forums anyway

Tenric Starkindler
02-09-2007, 07:33 PM
NO....but 25% off does sound gooooood..... :lol:

JediMcD
02-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I guess it can't get much more derailed than this, but I think you guys either need to quit posting or apologize to Tim IMMEDIATELY. He pays for all of this so you all can talk about swithching to someone else and thier products. Poor taste and manners if you ask me. Tim can do what he wants about this, but in my opinion, and I am sure alot of others around here, you need to stop this. You want things from somewhere else then go there and quit posting about it here.

elrond.406
02-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Sheesh, I was just kidding

Sorry Tim, if it meant anythiung to you 8)

JediHilt
02-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Mcd anyone with a brain can tell were just razin and joking and to be perfectly honest I think ur just brown nosing Tim to get koodo points from the head kahoonas I'm onto you. :evil:

Firebird21
02-10-2007, 09:56 AM
ur just brown nosing Tim to get koodo points from the head kahoonas I'm onto you. :evil:

Mcd, can you do some for me too? I think I'm in the dog house right now. http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_dogtail.gif

I pulled a "John Kerry" yesterday. http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_slant.gif

DACOTA
02-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Do you have pics of this blade idea and I read your post but what exactly is the design?What is so new and special about it?

JediHilt
02-10-2007, 11:21 AM
He won't spill his beans till he gets his temporary patent I guess he figures if we even get the slightest wind of how his blade works will figure it out and make it ourselves.

shaas0927
02-10-2007, 11:32 AM
as a matter of fact he hasnt been around since what page six

I guess it was something we said :(

vortextwist
02-10-2007, 12:27 PM
he was logged in yesterday.

987654321a
02-10-2007, 12:46 PM
he just probably has nothin else to say about it and hes waiting on his patent so that he can share the idea with us

vortextwist
02-10-2007, 12:53 PM
or how we are a bunch of idiots thinkin he actually has something.

elrond.406
02-10-2007, 03:35 PM
This is getting closer to hyperdyne's saber

JediHilt
02-10-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm going to venture another guess what if he's taking something like a really efficient and really bright spot light bulb and shining it up like a fiber optic blade or something can't think of what else it could be

JediMcD
02-10-2007, 08:42 PM
WHOA, calm down. This post was asking for an arguement to start. -Xwing

james3
02-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey JediHilt why don't you just shut your trap. You have absolutely zero idea what my intentions are not that I need to justify anything to you. Sure I stick up for Tim, but that isn't because I expect something out of it. Your on to me yeah right. It sounds like you need to be on the trail of some intelligence. I stick up for Tim because there is always someone like you on the forums here that thinks they can just say and do whatever they want to without any consequences. Some of us have been around since the start of the store and will probably be around after you are just a faint memory. We are loyal to Tim because he is a great guy and offers us the things we like. You obviously weren't joking and you got called on it. The end.

Now ya know, I have to back my boy on this. To be perfectly frank. Most of ya would not like it one bit if I was still on here as much as I like to be. Real life is keeping me very busy right now and I hate to say it but I jump on here and there are a ton of new posts but most of it is crap! There are several of y'all that are a batch of disrespectful punks that most likely are more then fine to feel compelled to say any thing they want behind the computer but don't have the stones to actually talk smack in person. Far as I am concerned, your not worth a snitz and should just keep your crap to yourself. For whatever reason, there are always a handful of dipsnitz that can't seem to figure out that this is a forum tied to a guy that is trying to pay his bills and feed his family by offering for sale a product that is EXTREMELY SPECIALIZED! There are more folks that register and even post on this forum then are actually willing to spend the money for what we do. This is a hobby and like all other hobbies you have to have some guys that take care of the business. I don't go on forums for Randomsabers, Hyperdyne, Ultrasabers, etc. and make mention of going to another shop. That is truly classless. I have no doubt that most if not all of the "regulars" have picked up an item or so from some place or another but you don't see anyone talking crap about Tim and TCSS. Tim as a business owner is by far a lot nicer guy then me, if y'all had come up in my shop and started telling me that the guy across town was blah, blah, blah around other customers I would have given you the choice of walking out or be arrested. (Actually, my first choice would be to just throw your arse out but my voice of reason told me that I could get sued for that :evil: )

Bottom line: Some some respect. We all like to have fun, we all like to talk smack, and a few of us are wonderful at derailing stuff but the dude that pays the money every month to have this little board open should be shown some common frackin' couresty.

quickedit- Xwing, I am just telling it like it is bud, you can tell I aint ticked off yet. let this stand please.

JediHilt
02-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Thats it somebody make TCSS a TeamSpeak channel so we can here the tones of our voices this is the one thing I hate about forums when you joke with people they can't hear that reasuring tone in there voice that confirms what what your hearing that would otherwise be confused as smack is nothing more than dry humor hence the emoticons at the end of our posts.

Lord Maul
02-10-2007, 11:07 PM
if it can be taken two ways then don't say it jedihilt. in other words, don't say crap like that...we could give a rip if you are joking or not :evil:

02-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I think that as a common courtesy, no other saber shop should be mentioned in open post. If questions need to be ask, go to their site or do it in a pm.

Jedihilt's comment may have been inappropriate, but I immediately knew he was joking when I read it.

Common guys, most of us are a bunch of grown-*ss men, sitting around building lightsabers as a hobby. How serious can we take ourselves?

That being said, this is a great hobby for SW fans and I appreciate Tim and all of his work.

(Falls off of his soapbox as a rock hits him in the face)

darthdan
02-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Good God this crap makes me want tohttp://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/huskerbrewdad/Smilies/wallbash.gif If everyone could stop, take a deep breath, andhttp://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/huskerbrewdad/Smilies/bigboy.png for a minute...

I could easily see that they were joking. I'm guessing most others could too. Apparently some could not. I guess if you're being lightheated or sarcastic, put little [sarcasm] tags around your stuff or just PM it to each other, because some people can't see it for what it is. Nothing against those people, we all just read things differently.

We all know that Tim has the best snitz in town, and I would think we should know who is a longtime loyal customer trying to be funny and who is a newbie trying to bash the best saber shop around. But, not everyone who reads these forums knows you or your style of humor. Some noob who reads "We'll just go to _______ site" may do just that and take their business and their friends business elsewhere.

So in summary, everybody relax. Try to see if something could be interpreted a different way before you get all vein-throbby, red in the face. And to those who are posting things, take a minute and try to think about if what you are saying could be taken wrongly. I love the openness and free exchange that goes on in these forums, and it would be a damn shame to see that compromised by the foolishness that this thread has been turned into. Peace, love, and lightsabers and I'm out like the fat kid in dodgeball!

P.S. I think this is the definition of http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/huskerbrewdad/Smilies/derail.gif

Firebird21
02-11-2007, 05:40 AM
Peace, love, and lightsabers

Need I say more...

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_oldguy.gif

xwingband
02-11-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm not going to go edit James' now...

It's not the ideas of his post, it's that he insulted another poster. Joking or not it's still meant to hurt a bit. It certainly seemed like it came out of left field too.

elrond.406
02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Dam, that got out of control! :evil: :shock:

Lord Maul
02-11-2007, 10:36 AM
xwing, ya might just want to lock this topic until bodi tells you to unlock it. that way all of this complete crap doesn't keep going on. :wink:
but that is just my .02 cents :D

Firebird21
02-11-2007, 10:57 AM
xwing, ya might just want to lock this topic until bodi tells you to unlock it. that way all of this complete crap doesn't keep going on. :wink:
but that is just my .02 cents :D

Or we can grow up, drop it and move on so we don't totaly destroy this topic.

I for one want to see what he's talking about. :)

Lord Maul
02-11-2007, 11:55 AM
me too. he can pm xwing once he is ready and then by locking it we end all arguments and the numerous questions about what and when his thing will be done

987654321a
02-11-2007, 12:48 PM
why not just end the arguement? that seems like a logical idea. instead of taking something personal, you can ask what the other person meant by that. I feel bad for doing this but a couple days ago in the thread that tim wants us to make a new banner and stuff, firebird had made a joke in which now i somewhat understand but i got pissed because i thought he didnt believe me that i did it. i didnt ask what he meant by that but quickly jumped to conclusion and told him im not a liar. that was completely my fault not yours FB. I love ya more than ever and everyone here. ok that sounded kinda gay, i meant as friends. :D

Firebird21
02-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I love ya more than ever and everyone here. ok that sounded kinda gay, i meant as friends. :D

Oh stop it!!!

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_gay2.gif

987654321a
02-11-2007, 01:23 PM
hahahahahhaha

Lord Maul
02-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I love ya more than ever and everyone here. ok that sounded kinda gay, i meant as friends. :D

Oh stop it!!!

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_gay2.gif

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_roflmfao.gif
toooo funny man

elrond.406
02-11-2007, 06:19 PM
:idea: I'd say lock the topic and create let bodi create a new topic when hes good and ready. 8)

xwingband
02-11-2007, 06:30 PM
:idea: I'd say lock the topic and create let bodi create a new topic when hes good and ready. 8)

I say be quiet and leave the topic alone.

Ryma Mara
02-11-2007, 08:33 PM
wow, just wow. so bodi any idea as to when we can see your work?

elrond.406
02-11-2007, 09:02 PM
wow, just wow. so bodi any idea as to when we can see your work?

I don't think he'll respond...check the last +5 pages on this thread

Ryma Mara
02-12-2007, 05:10 AM
How do you know that? stop thinking.

elrond.406
02-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Any news Bodi? Seems like you're dead or something...

Lord Maul
02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
NIMROD!
why did you have to bring back this thread? bodi will tell us when he has it ready.
no one else post here please

elrond.406
02-23-2007, 05:50 PM
NIMROD!
why did you have to bring back this thread? bodi will tell us when he has it ready.
no one else post here please

Sorries... :oops: ::cringes behind a sheet of durasteel:: :cry: :cry: :cry:

darthdan
02-23-2007, 10:30 PM
LMhttp://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/huskerbrewdad/Smilies/xnuts.gifNR

elrond.406
02-24-2007, 05:49 PM
LMhttp://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/huskerbrewdad/Smilies/xnuts.gifNR

:evil: Bad DD, Bad! :evil:
:x I wonder who NR is...

Angelus Lupus
02-24-2007, 05:53 PM
At a guess I'd say it stands for Nimrod

JediHilt
02-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey Bodi when you comming back..........AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH got you.

elrond.406
02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
At a guess I'd say it stands for Nimrod

:evil: :evil: :evil: grrr... "Don't get me started!" :P

Ambo
02-25-2007, 08:13 PM
How can you "get started" when you haven't stopped yet.....unless your referring to thinking before you post.....

Lord Maul
02-25-2007, 09:59 PM

too funny ambo :lol:

987654321a
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
ambo im confused :D

Ambo
02-26-2007, 01:30 PM
We know countdown....confusion is a good quality for you....keep it up....

987654321a
02-26-2007, 05:07 PM
yes yes, i think my new name should be darth confusio

Ambo
02-26-2007, 08:22 PM
we still love ya Sequentious......

987654321a
03-08-2007, 08:15 PM
:D

elrond.406
03-08-2007, 08:27 PM
:D

Slow reactions :P

darthnerdold
12-16-2007, 02:27 PM
How can I demonstrate that I have what I say I have, without:

a. showing how I do it.

b. mailing you one

c. going on a road trip to your house

d. you going on a road trip to mine

This is what I'm trying to figure out at the moment. So, yes, I know it looks fishy, but so what? All I'm asking for is some ideas...

Besides, actually, if you happen to be in Missouri, I would be willing to meet up.

where in missouri?

Novastar
01-03-2008, 06:17 PM
This thread is HIGH-larious.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-04-2008, 08:59 PM
oh my god I read that whole thing...

yeah I'd call BS on that guys claims though, sure we have the technology to create most of the effects from starwars tech right now (well everything that doesn't really on the force or repulsors) the only problem is power. I think the best I've heard it put was by a physicist on a history channel show about starwars tech, he said something like: "sure we could create a plasma field with a lightsaber's properties, but it would take a building to power it".

If I had to guess what he's at I'd say it's a superior method of focusing the output of 1 or more high power LED's in the hilt, right now we can produce incredibly bright lights, but focusing it into a 3-4 foot beam that stops where we want it is our problem. something using a core of fiber optics and some sort of lenses with diffusion to hide the mechanism and smooth out the light might work, but I see problems with getting enough fiber optic cables up through the blade without obscuring whatever your using to transmit the light.

edit: oh and if bodi is actually legit and still paying attention, don't even market it as anything close to a lightsaber if you can possibly avoid it, anything that can make money off of big daddy George's baby will have to pay him a cut one way or another, the only way to get out of it is to sell it for something else and just happen to make one aspect of your product suitable for lightsaber hobbiests and tell us quietly about it without a marketing campaign, bottom line, don't try to make money off of Lucas unless your willing to cut him in on it, I'd sell it as some sort of lighting device if it's as cheap as you say, and it can be something other than a strait line, you could easily sell it for the same purposes as a neon light. It would be more durable, less dangerous and cheaper, there's your money, the lightsaber hobiests will get ahold of it either way.

Lord Maul
01-04-2008, 11:09 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/Smilies/icon_bsmeter.gif

:mrgreen:

987654321a
01-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Aliens!

Those bastards...

Hasid Lafre
01-05-2008, 04:39 AM
This thing is still going on? yeash let it die already.

987654321a
01-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Guess so. lol. We all found out it was bs and the guy was bsin us the whole time.

shaas0927
01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
WOW I would have never thought this would be still going on whe I last dropped by, oh and Lord Maul, I've posted here hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Corbin_Das
03-07-2008, 12:01 AM
i'd rather use a mag lite with a golf tube taped to it

You know, funny you should mention that.....

A setup very much like you describe was my first saber I had in adulthood. I had a blade holder that slid over the head. It was huge. Back when the first drop-in Luxeon conversions were made for Mag Lites, I got one for this monstrosity. I eventually "upgraded" to a colored acrylic rod. :)

The saber didn't even come close to the stuff we have now, but at the time, I thought it was really cool. I should see if I can find that thing. I could take a picture of it next to some of my more advanced Luxeon sabers. Kinda like an evolutionary thing. LOL

Corbin

Charun
03-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Send me some mail and we can get together. I would love to see your prototype.

Novastar
03-07-2008, 07:06 PM
You know, funny you should mention that.....

A setup very much like you describe was my first saber I had in adulthood. I had a blade holder that slid over the head. It was huge. Back when the first drop-in Luxeon conversions were made for Mag Lites, I got one for this monstrosity. I eventually "upgraded" to a colored acrylic rod. :)

The saber didn't even come close to the stuff we have now, but at the time, I thought it was really cool. I should see if I can find that thing. I could take a picture of it next to some of my more advanced Luxeon sabers. Kinda like an evolutionary thing. LOL
CorbinI still like the one you did of the original Flange I... next to... was that a MACHINE GUN? And alongside something else, heheh.

I'd like to someday do a photo like this:

* Rattan practice stick or shinai
* Nice Sword
* A police baton or nightstick
* Carbon Fiber Saber
* Flange III Green or Red (or whatever, some nice LED saber)

And then naturally the Obi-Wan tag line "an elegant weapon, etc." :)

Corbin_Das
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Send me some mail and we can get together. I would love to see your prototype.

I have to FIND it first. :)

I'm in Michigan, not Missouri.

BlackDOG
03-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Did anyone else have the blow up bladded saber from kenner......flashlight with yellow inflatable balde?

Corbin_Das
03-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah!
I had a couple of those. The first one got a hole in it and my Dad tried patching it with the pool liner repair kit. It melted the yellow plastic so bad, it couldn't be used again. :) Dad felt bad, so I ended up with another one. LOL

We tried lighting up other stuff, but for the most part, it ended up with a foam tube (think pipe insulation). We didn't have the neon colored pool "noodles" back then.

Ah....the good ole' days. :)

We've come a long ways, huh?

Corbin

Ghostbat
03-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Did anyone else have the blow up bladded saber from kenner......flashlight with yellow inflatable balde?

HA, yeah me and my sister had those and were absolute terrors!

Novastar
03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Pong is to Halo/Crysis...
as

Inflatable back-in-the-day balloon saber is to...

...CF-driven, LED indicator blinkin', uber-speaker sound pumpin', custom hilt-blingin', gift-wrap diffused lightin', six sound font choosin', WHUP YOU UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH A THICK-WALLED BLADE swingin', mushroom cloud layin' mutha-plucker..... mutha plucker! :D

Oops, forgive my crass plucking. ;) Many apologies about the de-feathering...

Hasid Lafre
03-13-2008, 09:49 AM
A lux saber rap song.......at this point iam speachless. I cant come up with anything.

BlackDOG
03-13-2008, 01:35 PM
How about some wookiees in the background groaning beat box style?