PDA

View Full Version : swkotor2 help

Jedi Belinos
12-30-2006, 10:49 PM
ok i know this is way off topic but i have searched around the internet and cant seem to find anything. I am having problems with this game. on telos when i go to the secret academy at first they are suppose to lock up my party but for some reason they end up just being behind me. It will not let me gather my friends up and therefore it will not let me leave. i think this might be a glitch in the program or something but cant find any info on it. can somebody that has played the game or knows of some good website resource help me out? please. this is frustrating the mess out of me. i just got the thing for Christmas (love wal-mart gift cards) thanks in advance.

Belinos Jinn

Jedi-Loreen
12-30-2006, 11:49 PM
What platform are you playing on? I have the PC version that I got last Christmas.

Have you tried seeing if there are any updates available? You might need to download a patch for that, if you're playing the PC version. I don't know anything about what problems might arise from the other versions.

And why didn't you put this in the Miscellaneous Topics Forum? :?

PS, if you need any walk throughs for the game, I have 2 good sites for that. :wink:

Lord Maul
12-31-2006, 12:16 AM
xwing, please move this. i don't know why this is in mhs and not misc. :roll:

Jedi Belinos
12-31-2006, 12:37 AM
sorry about posting in the wrong one. i thought i was in misc. forgive me i have been up late hours of the night playing. I found the patch for it. something with me being to nice lol. again sorry for posting it in the wrong one. xwing if you want feel free to go ahead and just delete the whole thing.

Tony
01-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Wait, but if you thought you were in misc, then how come you apoligized for being off topic?

Jedi-Loreen
01-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Um, because he read this post :roll: :

xwing, please move this. i don't know why this is in mhs and not misc. :roll:

And why are you bringing up and old thread? :?

Moro Kadon
07-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Well, overall KotOR2 was the glitchier of the two. It's not uncommon to get weird happenings like characters showing up when they aren't supposed to, character-equipment screen, alignment and other option-screen glitches.... Too many for me to really post. Honestly. I've played both KotOR games though about a couple dozen times apiece and found nearly every glitch there is to be found. Don't be too surprised to see weird stuff happen. It's just a sign that it was rushed through final debugging to make the market because of the great demand for a sequel to the first one. I myself still wait for the slightest murmur, the barest rumour, the tiniest hint of a third installment....

Stinky Bantha
07-19-2007, 06:44 AM
http://www.rickmanistareview.com/diehard88.gif

Hasid Lafre
07-19-2007, 06:49 AM
what does that have to do with anything?

Jedi B welcome back long time no see.

Umm theres a dite called www.gamefaqs.com they got a huge collection of faqs guides and message boards. I been going there for years.

Stinky Bantha
07-19-2007, 06:53 AM
I was commenting on the fact that the thread seems incapable of dying.... I guess it was funnier in my head

Hasid Lafre
07-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Should know by now that threads dont die, look at that one that elrond keeps posting in. and weve asked people to get rid of that topic.

Barmic Rin
07-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Kill it kill it kill it!!!!!!

I heard that there'll be a KOTOR MMO 3rd qtr 2008 at the latest......
Please let that be true....

Proximal
07-19-2007, 12:44 PM
www.gamefaqs.com

Moro Kadon
07-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Kill it kill it kill it!!!!!!

I heard that there'll be a KOTOR MMO 3rd qtr 2008 at the latest......
Please let that be true....

At least it's rumour. :lol: Ta' muchly, Barmic. Something to look forward to.

Nightwing
07-19-2007, 03:21 PM
I was commenting on the fact that the thread seems incapable of dying.... I guess it was funnier in my head
*raises hand*

I got the joke! :D

Yeah, um... KOTOR2 sucks. So... that's why your game won't work.
Actually, I believe it requires a patch; there are a good many glitches in that game.

WeirdoTransvestite
07-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, um... KOTOR2 sucks. So... that's why your game won't work.
Actually, I believe it requires a patch; there are a good many glitches in that game.

That's what happens when Lucasarts wants the game released before it's actually finished. I wish they were more patient, the original idea sounded so much better.

I don't want a KOTOR MMO. You pay by month, and I just don't like 75% of people online. Give them text messaging, they talk in 1337 ****. Give them voice, they think it's karaoke. I'll be very happy with a much longer KOTOR RPG.

Moro Kadon
07-19-2007, 05:13 PM
*raises hand* I got the joke! :D Yeah, um... KOTOR2 sucks. So... that's why your game won't work.

Honestly, I thought it was a little more in-depth than the first. It wasn't the story itself that 'sucked'. It was just the glitches that made it a bit crap. Just my two decicreds, however. Not harping or complaining. But how I'm supposed to find a patch--whatever that is!--for the X-Box version, I'll never know.

goldsaberwarrior
07-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Actually I know of a good glitch that will let you get all the sabers you want. Been a while since I've done the glitch but I will post it once I look it up again.

WeirdoTransvestite
07-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Actually I know of a good glitch that will let you get all the sabers you want. Been a while since I've done the glitch but I will post it once I look it up again.

And I know of a glitch that allows you to build a 200+ damage super-saber, if you have the patience to do it.

Jedi-Loreen
07-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow, really? Care to elucidate*?

* to provide clarification; explain. :wink:

Moro Kadon
07-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Hint: Weapon Focus Lightsaber, Weapon Specialization Lightsaber, and Greater Weapon Specialization Lightsaber; Ultimate Diatium Energy Cell, Expert Fencing Emitter, and Pontite Lens. Also coupled with the correct combination of crystals: I prefer the Orange-coloured crystal, the character-named crystal obtained from the Kinrath cave on Dantooine, and the Solari crystal. Needless to say, I prefer lightside Jedi characters.... Once again adding my two bits.

WeirdoTransvestite
07-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Wow, really? Care to elucidate*?

Oh, sure. This is for Xbox, mind you. I don't know if it works on PC.

1. SAVE the game.

2. Click on the workbench and go into the lightsaber you want to power up.

3. Put the crystal you want to use in the bottom slot (it matters) and nothing in the top one.

4. Leave workbench and click on it and get back into the lightsaber you are using.

5. Go into the top focusing crystal slot and put in the same crystal as the one you put in the bottom slot (yes, it will let you).

6. Assemble the lightsaber, then re-enter it.

7. You will notice that there is only one crystal in it, but it has the effects of both crystals. Remove the top crystal and put it in the bottom slot. Assemble the lightsaber and leave the workbench.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 as many times as you have spare crystals. Each time it you do it, it destroys the bottom crystal, but the bonuses from that crystal are still given to the lightsaber. The bonuses stack with each time you do it.

Changing the color crystal resets the saber. It becomes a standard one again, and you lose all of the stacked damage values. I got it to 150 or so, but you can with enough patience get it higher.

There is an item/lightsaber duping trick that can get you as many high damage crystals as you want, but I can't find the sheet I had it on and I don't remember the site.

Hasid Lafre
07-20-2007, 07:28 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/code/920194.html

WeirdoTransvestite
07-20-2007, 10:03 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/code/920194.html

Except, while that does have an item duping cheat, there is a Lightsaber duping trick. I printed it off from a website, and I still can't remember where I put it.

Hasid Lafre
07-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Wouldent you be abel to use the same cheat for the lightsaber? or is the lightsaber not part of the games item code?

WeirdoTransvestite
07-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Wouldent you be abel to use the same cheat for the lightsaber? or is the lightsaber not part of the games item code?

Actually no, because you can only fight a non-jedi Handmaiden on the Ebon Hawk, and then she can't equip lightsabers.

Anyways, I found it.

Duplicate Lightsaber

Equip Visas with a lightsaber (With your best crystals is good). Go to any workbench and choose to upgrade an item. Go to the lightsaber list and select the saber Visas has equipped. Select the color crystal, change it, and assemble. Select the color crystal again, but DON'T change the crystal, just hit assemble again. If you did it right, this should create a duplicate lightsaber. With the new saber in the inventory, save the game and reload it. This makes the saber permanent. Rinse and repeat.

It takes a lot of patience, but if you combine this one with the super saber trick...fun times.

Proximal
07-20-2007, 01:26 PM
the game was too slow for me personally. If it had been more like the first KOTOR and could get to being a jedi sooner, it would have been great. I swear it took like 5 hours to get a friggin lightsaber. anyway, my 2 cents.

goldsaberwarrior
07-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Actually no, because you can only fight a non-jedi Handmaiden on the Ebon Hawk, and then she can't equip lightsabers.

Anyways, I found it.

Duplicate Lightsaber

Equip Visas with a lightsaber (With your best crystals is good). Go to any workbench and choose to upgrade an item. Go to the lightsaber list and select the saber Visas has equipped. Select the color crystal, change it, and assemble. Select the color crystal again, but DON'T change the crystal, just hit assemble again. If you did it right, this should create a duplicate lightsaber. With the new saber in the inventory, save the game and reload it. This makes the saber permanent. Rinse and repeat.

It takes a lot of patience, but if you combine this one with the super saber trick...fun times.
That's the glitch I was talking about. Can't believe I forgot a glitch that is used alot... I mean that was so helpfull. hehehehehehehehehehehe :lol: For those of you wondering YES I'm a heavy cheat code user. Last I have the cheat codes to spawn anything I could ever want for the game. Unfrotunatly they work only for the computer version.

Nightwing
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
You can also take Brianna the Handmaiden's robe (the big furry one she pulls out) and sell it, but then she'll keep "making" new ones every time you trigger that conversation where she gives it to you, so you can get an infinite number of the cloaks and sell them for $5000 each. :D

WeirdoTransvestite
07-20-2007, 02:47 PM
the game was too slow for me personally. If it had been more like the first KOTOR and could get to being a jedi sooner, it would have been great. I swear it took like 5 hours to get a friggin lightsaber. anyway, my 2 cents.

What do you mean "Get to being a Jedi sooner"? You were a Jedi from the start of the game. Don't you remember the access to force powers at Level 2?

goldsaberwarrior
07-20-2007, 03:43 PM
I think by that he means get a lightsaber and good force powers sooner.

Nightwing
07-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah. And then there was the fact that the entire story didn't make sense, even at the end of the game.
Furthermore, none of the characters from KOTOR 1 (aside from the droids) were further developed, and were left with mere mentions and occasional cameos. It was as if it wasn't a true sequel.

Proximal
07-23-2007, 12:14 PM
thats what I meant gold. Its been a while since I played the game. I never beat it, mainly because it was sooo boring.

KOTOR 1 on the other hand is like crack.

Barmic Rin
07-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Apart from Taris. That wound me up so much 1st time around.

If they do KOTOR3, they need a better ending than 2.
"In you, I see the death of the force..."
"Shut it, stumpy!!!!"

goldsaberwarrior
07-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Taris made me want to kick the heck out of Malak and the sith that much sooner. Yes I always play on the lightside. May eventually play a darkside game but I doubt it. Anyway proximal is right the game needed better powers you can get sooner and a lightsaber. It would've been better had they actually finished the game and you could start with a saber. Even if it's just a short single hilt the game would've been that much better. Hope they make another kotor or another star wars game with the kotor engine. Still they need to make another kotor and actually finish this one.

WeirdoTransvestite
07-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Play Dark Side. So much more fun. I like Dark Side female, mostly because you get to stomp on Carth's heart. So much fun.

goldsaberwarrior
07-23-2007, 11:57 PM
You have a very :twisted: mind.

Proximal
07-24-2007, 05:50 AM
I only play dark sided. The powers are so much better as far as a main character is concerned, KOTOR2 was especially broken with the force lightning field/ drain life field.

WeirdoTransvestite
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
You have a very :twisted: mind.

Not to mention force Zaalbar to kill Mission.

Jedi-Loreen
07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Even when I play a Lightside character, I use Darkside powers, too. You can do that without any Darkside penalties, I didn't realize that till I tried it. :P

I love Force Storm and Drain Life. :twisted:

Proximal
07-24-2007, 02:39 PM
it costs more to cast if you are light sided using dark side and vice versa. but of course you are gonna use some of the other side's skills every now and again. I think my favorite to use is still force choke. It never gets old.

is KOTOR 1 and 2 360 compatible? I never checked.

Nightwing
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
is KOTOR 1 and 2 360 compatible? I never checked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

They're compatible, though with a few performance issues. If you can get them on the PC do that instead.

Jacen_Aurion
07-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Here's what you need to do...

when handmaiden tells you to put your weapons down pick the one that's like "who are you?"... i fell into that same trap as well if you pick the one "alright, i didn't come here to fight." it's a bug.

I myself am writing several mods for that game as we speak.

Jedi-Loreen
07-24-2007, 06:59 PM
I like Force Crush too but you don't get it till near the end of the game, too bad.

WeirdoTransvestite
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I like Force Crush too but you don't get it till near the end of the game, too bad.

There should have been a law against how much fun that was. I killed Kreia with it.

goldsaberwarrior
07-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Eventually if you get your charisma high enough you can cast a power of the opposite alignment with little to no penalty. Love force storm, death field, master heal, dominate mind, barrier, kill, crush. There are a few more but I can't quite remember them right off. Anyway there's my list. You can call me crazy if you want to but on both games kotors 1 and 2 my characters were female.

Jedi-Loreen
07-25-2007, 08:36 AM
I play both male and female characters, depending on my mood.

Why not? There's no rule stating that you have to stay with your actual gender.

GFORCE13
07-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Not at all, I am currently finishing up Kotor 2 as a Male Sith Lord but will play next time around as a female Jedi Weaponsmaster(LS Max). Just to finally see the other ending.

goldsaberwarrior
07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
You may think I'm odd for this but in almost everygame I've played, with kotor2 as an exception, I've started out as a female character. Don't know why but that's just the way I do.

GFORCE13
07-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Finished the Darkside ending and let me say compared to Kotor, 2 had a very lame ending . But I will play it again and hope the Lightside ending is better. :wink:

WeirdoTransvestite
07-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Finished the Darkside ending and let me say compared to Kotor, 2 had a very lame ending . But I will play it again and hope the Lightside ending is better. :wink:

Not really. They're both about the same.

goldsaberwarrior
07-26-2007, 06:51 PM
The lightside ending isn't much better than the darkside in my opinion. Both endings stank and still do I think.

Hasid Lafre
07-26-2007, 08:50 PM
From what I hear this game is pritty stagnent alltogeather.

goldsaberwarrior
07-26-2007, 10:13 PM
The game itself plays good but, the endings (dark and light) suck, the story line can get confusing and some of the stuff isn't even finished. Lucasarts needed to take their time and finish the game.

Hasid Lafre
07-26-2007, 10:31 PM
They should make a game like diablo 2 is. that way its an ever expanding game(patches and whatnot). but make it so that every few years theres an update to make it longer.

As far as charater class and such I have no idea how that would work.

Jedi-Loreen
07-26-2007, 10:40 PM
I like Diablo 2, and have the Expansion Set, but it's boring. You do exactly the same thing with each Character Class, there's no variation on dialog, and you can't have any effect on how the game turns out based on what you say, or how you act, or react, to something.

At least there's some variation on the Magical Items that you can find or buy.

Barmic Rin
07-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I'd love to go to Taris in an add-on for KOTOR2, have it completely ruined & the few scant survivors/ scavengers around are real hardened nut cases or totally feral.

That sort of expansion I wouldn't mind, just so long as the get around to finishing the end sequence first!

Oh, and access to Dreshdae too!

Maybe afew more entirely new planets not previously seen in either game?

Proximal
07-27-2007, 04:57 PM
they made an MMORPG star wars game. It is called Star Wars Galaxies. As far as I know it was a flop but I never played it. Look it up on IGN.com.

GFORCE13
07-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I got it as a BDay Present but have never played it once I found out what it was going to cost me to subscribe($25.per month) and it is an online only game so 2 years now it sits brand new in the box. :wink:

Jedi-Loreen
07-29-2007, 12:17 AM
I got a Free Trial copy that I've never tried. I guess I was afraid I'd like it and get hooked, and didn't want to have to pay for it after 30 days. :P

Barmic Rin
07-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Played it, loved it right up until the updates 2yrs ago.
They really screwed it up to the point of you being able to start as a jedi! This is between EP4 & 5, so those of us on there originally had to work our way up to get jedi, then every Noob on there was running round with a saber.
When I canceled my subscription i'd changed my profession to combat medic & could take down an Ancient Krayt Dragon ON MY OWN!!!!!!
The first one I saw on there right at the beginning was easily holding its own against three full groups (24 people).

Tht game is certainly not worth the subscription fee, let alone the disc it's on!

Proximal
07-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I used to play asheron's call so every now and again I would look at the other message boards on the vault network. I looked at that board a few times after the game released and after a few months noticed a lot of complaints about nerfing certain classes and what not. I didn't want to say it was bad because I never played it. But I was right, it apparently was a flop based on an opinion by someone who actually played.

Too bad they had to go and ruin something that could have been great. Seems to be every MMORPG's downfall, messing with something good until it isn't worth the monthly subscription. I know that is what happened to AC.