PDA

View Full Version : mace conv. complete

MasterStoney
12-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I just got my mace conversion today from Tim(excellent craftsmanship i must say!) and about two hours later i was up and runnin. I ordered the cyan but it looked a little green to me, still looks cool though. i used the stock MR blade, i just removed the red diffuser and the styrofoam liner. I still need to add a mirror to the tip. all and all it looks pretty sweet. here is some pics.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2im2oe8.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/3yzny8m.jpg

MasterStoney
12-30-2006, 09:43 PM
sorry so big

and i also wanted to add that Tim's tutorial made it very easy to do. Thanks Tim.

xwingband
12-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Changed the pics to link since the size was quite big.

That cyan looks pretty good. I don't think it's too green at all.

Lord Maul
12-31-2006, 12:19 AM
great job man :shock:
looks sweet 8) :D

Ryma Mara
12-31-2006, 04:33 AM
Nice cyan!

My guess is that its a bin 3-4 cyan.

Still very nice.

MasterStoney
12-31-2006, 08:08 AM
thanks xwing, it was getting late and i didn't want to have to go back and resize them. thanks everyone

james3
01-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Nice color tone on the cyan.

Now, how bout a better shot of the strats.

vortextwist
01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
now I got to get a mace.

MasterStoney
01-03-2007, 07:05 PM
here's a pic of my new beauty. American strat

http://i1.tinypic.com/4907prt.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/2e49f8l.jpg

james3
01-03-2007, 07:13 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

I used to have an American Tele that was just fantastic. Right now I just just have my old Jackson that I would be hard pressed to EVER give up since it is a first year model and a standard Tacocaster I bought about 10 years ago.

MasterStoney
01-03-2007, 07:24 PM
jackson's are good. i couldn't believe my wife let me get, we were in the music shop and i was playing it and i said, "man i love this guitar!" and she said, "get it." I couldn't believe it. i've wanted a sunburst american strat with maple neck since i was 13.

james3
01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I got a fantastic deal on a Japan Jackson and a solid state Marshall combo that became a Present for my son last year. They are not what my stuff is but he is happy to have something like Dad's.
I have wanted one like that forever too. Back in the 80's my buddy had one that he hated because it was sunburst and had single coils. He would always end up playing my old black Gibson V and I would play the Strat. didn't realize then that it was a pre CBS. I should have took him up on the trade :cry:

MasterStoney
01-04-2007, 05:21 AM
I got my son a fender strat mini (that's that other black one with no stickers). and my other black strat is a mexican. i bought it when i was 14 with my saved up lunch money. do you still have that gibson? those things or worth a pretty penny. My dad has a 63 gibson les paul (that was back when the les paul looked like the sg) but the neck got snapped off and splintered the neck and body so it's pretty much junk now.

james3
01-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Sadly, I pretty much sold all of my music equipment back in the mid 90's. The only exception was my Jackson which as I said was my pride and joy. My two Gibson V's, Exployer bass, and Les Paul standard(86 or 87 if I remember right) all would have made a nice sum about now. I have had several collecter's inquire about my Jackson and that is how I found out it was a first year "San Dimas" model. I would say the Les Paul and my Marshall 2204 JCM 800 full stack was the real sad parting though. I have a Mesa/Boogie head right now and it is awesome but I just can't seem to get that one sound that I just loved out of my Marshall.

vortextwist
01-04-2007, 02:19 PM
well marshals are known for having a very distinct sound, Both of our guitar players have marshals, I run a Mesa 400+ bass all tube head.

MasterStoney
01-04-2007, 04:17 PM
looks like we got some musicians here

Ryma Mara
01-04-2007, 04:23 PM
A few.

Firebird21
01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I've got a Jackson guitar, Fender Bass, Ludwig Drums, Roland V-Drums, Yamaha keyboard, Taskam 4-Track, mics DJ equipment... It keeps me occupied… Sometimes.

I can't play much guitar, I can play bass and keyboard if I sit down and figure it out... Drums are my thing.

Here's a pic of some of my drums... They just got dismantled for the V-drums though. Not too much of a shame, as you can see.
http://www.yankeetoys.org/lee/DrumSet.jpg

They are about 40yrs old. :wink:

Jedi Belinos
01-04-2007, 07:50 PM
oh if I get a gig soon which I hope to do (not enough time to take one being back in school) I will get a few pictures of my "toys". 24 channel yamaha digital mixing board and processing equipment hooked up to my computer for controlling it. Plenty of other gear as well. Then there are the 2 cheap guitars, bass guitar, fiddle, assorted world and hand drums, can't forget my trombone. The life of a music major is fun. A music educator is even better. That means that I finally get paid to go to school instead of having to pay lol.

MasterStoney
01-04-2007, 08:03 PM
i'm just a weekend player, i don't have all the fancy equipment. I just enjoy pickin it every once in a while and jammin

james3
01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I was full go in High School. Even for a few years after I was giggin' here and there. When I moved I pretty much stopped playing and then when I met my wife she didn't understand why if I used to play why not keep up with it. That is when I got the Mexican Starat and I had a Fender solid state combo that I just banged around the house with but it started growing again from there :twisted:

I am actually looking at the various multi effects and amp modellers right now debating on what to get. Lugging a half stack around is quite a challenge. Line 6 seems fair, Boss has a neat little package with the ME-5.

Too bad there is not a Marshall all tube head with built in multi efffects and a load resistor so you can full blow the power amp but still have controllable volume.

elrond.406
01-05-2007, 04:26 PM
I was a pretty good piano player until 6th grade when I quit. Learning quitar now tho

Ryma Mara
01-05-2007, 10:49 PM
A friend of mine once said that if you can play a quitar you can play a piano and vice versa.

Something like the keys are the same or something I forget its been along time ago.

MasterStoney
01-06-2007, 07:41 AM
guitar is really not that hard to learn, its just getttin through that very beginning where it feels like its impossible. You just have to keep at it. kinda like typing on a keyboard.

xwingband
01-06-2007, 07:45 AM
A friend of mine once said that if you can play a quitar you can play a piano and vice versa.

Something like the keys are the same or something I forget its been along time ago.

Lay off the crack...

He maybe meant reading chords, but your eyes are correct. Piano != Guitar. My dad could play any guitar in the world but couldn't do more than plunk keys on a piano.

Firebird21
01-06-2007, 07:50 AM
I think it's supposed to be, if you can play Piano it will be easier to learn the Guitar because the Piano teaches you about the notes and the dexterity needed to play Guitar.

I've always been told that the instrument to learn to play first is the Piano because it gives you the basics for every other instrument.

elrond.406
01-06-2007, 11:04 AM

That's wrong. The notes on the guitar aren't in alphbetical order like the piano. Piano starts off easy and gets harder while guitar starts off really hard and becomes easier.

Lord Maul
01-06-2007, 12:53 PM
i can play the imperial march on both guitar and piano. you can transfer the music but it is pretty hard to do

Jedi Belinos
01-06-2007, 01:53 PM
That's wrong. The notes on the guitar aren't in alphbetical order like the piano.

Have you ever played a guitar or piano? They are both in musical alphabetical order. Each fret on the guitar represents a half step in music, the piano as you move up keys each key represents a half step as well.

Just because you can play one doesn't mean you can play the other. All musical instruments have a musical commonality in what they produce but in the method of producing that sound they vary greatly.

elrond.406
01-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I meant the strings.

xwingband
01-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I meant the strings.

And theoretically you could get every note on one string. :P

The fingerings just like a wind instrument has become relatively standardized because one sounds better than the other.

God this is OT... :roll:

Lord Maul
01-06-2007, 04:32 PM
And theoretically you could get every note on one string. :P

you actually can. just walk up the fret board and you will hit every note with only one string by the 12th fret

vortextwist
01-06-2007, 04:38 PM
You can get every note on one string.

xwingband
01-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh I know... it's just at some point the steps are too small and a human couldn't pluck the string. :D

I encounter this type of funky stuff on my trumpet. In the upper register you really don't need to do any fingerings and it's all lip. Some fingerings make it easier though. :wink:

james3
01-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Idiot morons should not make comment if they know not of which they speak!

Belinos did a fine job with his expanation and I will take it a step further.

If you start on the A string and keep going up every fret until you reach the octave you will complete the entire musical scale. duh!

Last I remembered, the piano/keyboard the very first thing you would learn would be middle C and everything would go from there. I don't ever recall starting at A.

vortextwist
01-08-2007, 02:48 PM
no but the musical alphabet is ABCDEFG, does not mean you start with A.

Jedi Belinos
01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
The A natural minor scale starts on A and plays ABCDEFGA. lol. Also the A chromatic scale starts on A and ends on A with every note in between. I could do indepth on this but don't want to derail this anymore lol.

BTW for those that don't know I am a music education major in just a few more semesters I will be out teaching kids how to play a band instrument. So qualifications on this I have plenty.

xwingband
01-08-2007, 03:36 PM
music education major

You sir are a weird breed.

vortextwist
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
A friend of mine and you would get along great JB. All he talkes is music, instiments and new gear.