PDA

View Full Version : BuckPuck

D'Tan
11-17-2015, 09:56 AM
anyone use one for their saber? I'm wanting to use one but want to see what someone else has done with it in their Chassis.

Thanks

Silver Serpent
11-17-2015, 11:50 AM
I have used them in the past, though I'm unlikely to use another in the future.

There's nothing inherently wrong with them, but they're incompatible/unnecessary with all sound builds, and they're a lot more expensive than a resistor when you're building an inexpensive stunt saber.

The only time you'd end up using one is when you've got a 5v+ power supply AND you're building a soundless saber. That combination just doesn't come up too often anymore.

Cire Yeldarb
11-17-2015, 12:15 PM
I am with SS 100% on this! I used one with my first two (stunt) sabers, but since then its been soundboards & resistors all the way!

Plus, when I eventually go back and upgrade my 2 stunts (its gonna happen) I'm going to have to give them a new battery/resistor solution since the puck and old battery solution will not be compatible with the Nano Biscotte I will be using to upgrade them.

So I advise on preparing for the eventuality you will add sound from the beginning, even if you think its just going to be a stunt forever - because odds are it might not stay that way!

D'Tan
11-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Yeah I want sound. Thanks for the advice.