PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Focus soldering pad broken

rlh14
11-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Hi. So heres the problem. Yesterday I finished soldering my Crystal focus board, but when I tried to use the RICE port it wouldn't sink to my computer. so I read somewhere to try and swap the tx and rx wires. When I tried to desolder it the tx pad came off. I don't know if I desoldered it or if I pulled on the wire to hard when pulling it off. Now it won't solder. Any one know how to fix this :). I don't have to have the RICE port working but it would be extremely helpful. Thank in advance.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Hi. So heres the problem. Yesterday I finished soldering my Crystal focus board, but when I tried to use the RICE port it wouldn't sink to my computer. so I read somewhere to try and swap the tx and rx wires. When I tried to desolder it the tx pad came off. I don't know if I desoldered it or if I pulled on the wire to hard when pulling it off. Now it won't solder. Any one know how to fix this :). I don't have to have the RICE port working but it would be extremely helpful. Thank in advance.

If you have pulled the pad off, and you can't live without RICE, then you would need to disconnect everything and send the board to Zook for repairs. You can PM him, and he can see exactly what would have to happen.

Your alternative is to manually make changes to the configurations files manually.

rlh14
11-16-2015, 10:20 AM
I will probably try and manually change the config. Thanks for the help