PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about voltage and boards

Eruialsul
12-30-2006, 02:21 AM
I was just wondering if corbins board and a hasbro sound board would be able to take 7.2 volts from 6 rechargable AA batteries without frying. I know that the 4.8 volts from 4 of them would be too little, and 6 volts is ideal but as I've yet to see any 5 AA battery holders I was planning on just going for 6, but wasn't sure if that would be safe to do without frying anything. Or would it be safer to find some way to rig 5 AAs together?

luis rojas
12-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Its easy to use 5 batteries in a 6 battery holder: Put a wire instead of one of the batteries. You could also measure if the 6 baterry pack gives you 7.2 volts. Bye

xwingband
12-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Who told you 4 is too little? Corbin's will take up to around 12V... the Hasbro is what you need to worry about. Even 6V is pushing a Hasbro. Some of the ones that like 3V will crap out instantly with 6V pushed through them.

7.2V on a Hasbro = fried sound board. Go with 4.8V and if you know the Hasbro can take 6V that will work too.

Firebird21
12-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Just bypass the fuse and use it until all the Magic Smoke is gone. :twisted:

And when all the Magic Smoke is gone you fill it back up with about 300psi from the BFH9000 (http://www.yankeetoys.org/lee/BFH9000.jpg)
:twisted:

Well it works with my Obi-Wan Hasbro (w/ The Force) @ 6v. Apparently that's one of the more durable ones.

I haven’t seen one since the new release of the spring loaded Habro's.

Eruialsul
12-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, I read somewhere on the forums that 4.8 volts wouldn't be enough to power a 3w led to full, but if you say it's enough that's good enough for me.

elrond.406
01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Just bypass the fuse and use it until all the Magic Smoke is gone. :twisted:

And when all the Magic Smoke is gone you fill it back up with about 300psi from the BFH9000 (http://www.yankeetoys.org/lee/BFH9000.jpg)
:twisted:

Well it works with my Obi-Wan Hasbro (w/ The Force) @ 6v. Apparently that's one of the more durable ones.

I haven’t seen one since the new release of the spring loaded Habro's.

How'd you manage to open the obiwan hilt? Does it sound all right with out the stupid vibration?

Firebird21
01-06-2007, 06:32 AM
The Obi-Wan was a PITA!!! You will break it.

You have to cut at least one side just under the emitter. The emitter is a separate piece that is glued on over the 2 hilt sections. They are glued into the emitter a good 1/2" or so.

I could not pry them apart with out catastrophic damage so I took a razor to it and carefully cut one side off. Don't cut too deep because the motion sensor is right there.

Then it should be easy from there, everything else is screwed together.

Ryma Mara
01-07-2007, 12:32 AM
You wouldent happento know the id of the "clamp" would ya?

LordArgyll
01-07-2007, 01:08 PM
You wouldent happento know the id of the "clamp" would ya?

The saber body is all one molded piece of plastic. There is no "clamp" per say. Not one that you could really fit over a tube or MHS anyway.

Catastrophic damage. Yeah... I didn't even bother to try to finesse it, I just ripped the bugger in half. :lol: