PDA

View Full Version : NB V1 wire check

boshuda21
11-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Hi all

this is my first build, a Rahm Kota sabre. Yes, it is a NBV1. I've had it for about 2 years and only now have the time to start putting this thing together. lol

Attached is my wiring scheme. Please let me know if there are any issues. The main unknown for me is whether or not the LED needs to be wired upstream or downstream of the recharge port (or if it even matters). Right now I have it placed upstream.

The calculated resistance is pretty low so I am going to change the drive parameters in lieu of wiring a resistor. I'm driving a Green Cree LED at 1A, 3.58V

Finally, is there an optimal place to put this board to optimize the clash and motion features? Or is it a matter of putting it wherever and re-configuring the settings for these features.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-08-2015, 11:42 AM
You would be better off using a resistor, even a small one.

boshuda21
11-08-2015, 12:01 PM
You would be better off using a resistor, even a small one.

Thanks for the input. By better off you mean 'safer' for the board or another reason?

My resistor would need to be 0.12 ohms, which is really small/low. I'd have to wire 3 0.47ohm/0.5W resistors in parallel, which seems a bit impractical.

The NB manual says that it can tolerate up to 0.5 ohm differences by changing the drive specifications. Is there a history of this function failing?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-08-2015, 01:55 PM
It can cause false swings and such, but if you want to try it, go right ahead.