PDA

View Full Version : hasbro sound board not working properly

jedi tom
12-28-2006, 06:24 AM
ok iv put together my led saber with sound and when i tested it the sound had gone all funny and it wasnt working correctly iv tried adding batteries and taking off batteries iv tried taking it apart and putting it back together but its still not working what do you think i should do and has anyone had this problem befor so can someone help i will really appriecate it.

james3
12-28-2006, 07:02 AM
"sound gone all funny" just does not do a good job of explaining the problem.

Maybe slow down and give a detailed explanation of what is wrong.

12-28-2006, 04:56 PM
If your using 4AAA you may have fried the fuse. You may need to get a new one or bypass it, but the bypass route could kill it permanently.

jedi tom
12-29-2006, 10:16 AM
its kinda hard to explain but the power up sound more like the power down but with stops jumps and sounds kinda likea broken tv or radio
and thats it with most of the sound. i guess that i need a new sound board so ill try that and get back to you if it works or not.

LordArgyll
12-29-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't know if this applies to your setup or not, but if you are driving the LED off of the sound board, during the flashing of startup and shutdown, the sound will stutter because the Lux is drawing more juice than the itty bitty LEDs the board normally drives. I had this very problem not long ago and the only way to avoid it is to drive the LED directly off of the batteries with a resistor. Unfortunately, it also requires two switches -- one momentary for the board, and one latching for the LED.

I've since upgraded to Corbin's 3watt driver and the sound is much happier now. :)

jedi tom
12-29-2006, 02:21 PM
hi every one iv been messing around with my sound board all day and i seem to have got it working i just dont know how i did it. obviously its not the best but at least its better. :D

987654321a
12-29-2006, 02:31 PM
can you show pics? of the setup?

jedi tom
12-29-2006, 02:51 PM
sorry cant post pics at the moment as my camera got stolen when on holday in america so im gonna get a new one as quikly as i can. to be able to post pics.