PDA

View Full Version : Accent LED on a NBv2

Thalan the Exiled
10-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Want to pass on the nifty idea I can up with for running an accent led off of a NBv2. I wanted to put an accent led in the pommel of my saber to light up when powered on. I was having issues getting the wiring run from the LED terminals on the NB due to space in my ribbed extension. I remembered the trick to get blade flicker when using a cheapo sound board. I went ahead and spliced wires into those connecting my speaker and ran them to the accent LED in the pommel. I didn't use a resistor since the output to the speaker isn't very high. Now i get this cool flicker effect out of the pommel as well as light flashes when the boot sound plays. It is a great way to add some cool effects to your saber with little effort. This would work from any sound board i would assume. If ibget the time i will upload some pics and maybe a video. Juatnwanted to share this with others.

CET
10-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Interesting, I'd like to learn more.

Greenie
10-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Whoa there Thalan! So let me get this straight, an led connected to the + and - of the speaker and no resistor
That IS a neat trick. I might just go try that right now :cool:

Thalan the Exiled
10-20-2015, 02:20 PM
I have tried to upload pics and video but for some reason I can't from my phone. Really all I did was splice into the wires connecting my speaker and connect them to a 5mm white LED. Only issue was fighring out which was positive and negative. After that there really wasn't much to it.

Drawcut
10-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Neat. Any change to the speaker volume?

Thalan the Exiled
10-20-2015, 03:48 PM
None that I can notice. It is still loud as hell. And I have mine slightly muffled with a thin piece of foam to help difuse the light.

MikeC13
10-22-2015, 09:57 AM
I gave up trying to upload images from my i5s. Came to the conclusion that its just not possible.

I'd like to see this though, if you get a chance to upload it.

Sounds like a cool effect that is pretty much effortless to add. I'm hoping to use pommel style 4 in my first hilt, this would look great shining through the holes in the end...

Quixotic Jedi
10-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Wish you could figure out how to upload those shots. Sounds like a really cool idea!

Thalan the Exiled
10-22-2015, 11:11 AM
https://youtu.be/LNVad4wRYsQ here is a video there is no sound since it was just a test with out the speaker. wish the flicker showed up better but my phone doesnt take great vides.

gerrylum
10-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Your video is private, I can't see it!

Thalan the Exiled
10-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Give me a second I will fix it

Edit: it has been fixed. Yku should be able to see it now

gerrylum
10-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Wow, that's a really nice effect. I will definitely be trying this one some accent LEDs on my sabers.