PDA

View Full Version : Purple Blade Planning

CET
10-18-2015, 03:52 PM
I want to do a purple bladed saber, but a few issues are coming up in the planning process.

There are no purple LEDs, so I assume I'll have to do a custom tri-cree with blue and red LEDs. This throws me into unknown territory as far as power needs and sound cards go. If rather not use a filter or a colored blade as I want the option to do a crystal chamber.

1. Sound Cards. I've done a NB build and I found out relatively simple thanks to the modular wiring system. I assume running 3 LEDs will change power consumption and may no longer with with the NB. Can I use it, or do I have to look at different sound cards?

2. Battery. Will a single 3.7v 18650 work, or will I need multiple cells to drive a tri-cree?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Your best bet would be to use a Prizm once they are back in stock. You can still run a Tri-Cree with a single 18650 battery, and the Prizm would let you "dial-in" the perfect shade of Purple you want. You could still use a NB, BUT you would need to experiment with resistors to get a shade of purple you can live with.

CET
10-26-2015, 11:11 AM
I didn't entirely understanding your answer until I found this awesome TCSS video. https://youtu.be/JbHpTKiLfA4