PDA

View Full Version : Weird sound glitches with NBv2 and custom sound font.

Dcoil03
10-16-2015, 11:17 PM
I downloaded a custom sound font that consisted of .lsu files which I then converted to 16bit WAV, 22050 sample rate with Audacity. The biggest file size is 258kb, for a grand total of 1.01MB for the entire font file.

I replaced the darkmeat sound font in the "bank1" folder with the custom sounds, didn't change the names, didn't change the config files, just copied and pasted the new sound fonts into the folder with the same filenames.

Now, when I activate my saber, the boot sound will play, followed by a few random clash and swing sounds immediately following it. If I leave the saber alone, the hum will play but then the poweroff sound (about 3/4 of the sound)and a clash will play, and this will cycle continuously every 5 seconds until the power the saber down myself (Hum/poweroff/clash/hum/poweroff/...etc.)

Anyone have any ideas what's causing this? I really like this sound font and I'd hate to have to scrap it.

Ty_Bomber
10-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Your original font will need to be renamed according to plecter format.

You should reformat the SD card before making changes. Make a copy of the file on your desktop, then copy and paste the entire font (with the correct naming conventions) and then add that to your SD card. Once that is done.

Lastly, charge your batteries, just to be sure, and call me in the morning.

Dcoil03
10-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Your original font will need to be renamed according to plecter format.

You should reformat the SD card before making changes. Make a copy of the file on your desktop, then copy and paste the entire font (with the correct naming conventions) and then add that to your SD card. Once that is done.

Lastly, charge your batteries, just to be sure, and call me in the morning.

I'm not sure what you mean by "original font will need to be renamed according to plecter format." I've renamed all the files to the same names that were in the original darkmeat font(boot, clash1, clash2, etc...). Is that what you're referring to?

I'll try reformatting the SD chip and see if that makes a difference.

Dcoil03
10-17-2015, 09:17 AM
I'll try reformatting the SD chip and see if that makes a difference.

Looks like reformatting it did the trick! Thanks for the help!

DarthMario95
10-17-2015, 11:46 PM
I've found that 99% of weird sound problems on the NBv2 can be solved by reformatting the SD card, so I'm glad to hear that solved your problem! :)

ender9492
01-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Just had this problem as well; found out I needed to disconnect power to the battery BEFORE removing the SD card, and only connect battery power AFTER inserting the card again.