PDA

View Full Version : sanding the new photon blades.... yay or nay?

snilam
10-15-2015, 06:30 PM
hello everyone I had ordered a photon blade a few weeks ago and just now getting around to putting it together and I normally sand my blades because I don't really like the light in the tube look and too me it just looks like a fuller blade being double diffused. Well I was about to prep my photon blade as usual but thought about maybe that wouldn't be the best thing for the photon blades. I do not want to negate the characteristics of the photon blade. So I was seeing if anyone out there has tried it both ways and can tell me if there were any drawback to sanding the blades as far as the fluorescence working. Thanks everyone.

Silver Serpent
10-15-2015, 07:41 PM
I believe the dye is mixed in with the photon blade material, so you're not going to sand it off. Give it a try. If you don't like the effect, you can always sand it back smooth with finer sandpaper (1000+ grit).

snilam
10-16-2015, 09:57 PM
tried without sanding first and decided to go for it. still like the sanded look on these blades aswell. Its definitely a bright blade that's for sure. A bit minty green. Has some interesting core kinda effects to it too. I don't think it will be my go to blade but I do like it for a change of pace.