PDA

View Full Version : Is there a tutorial on how to make a Lightsaber that turns off when switch is release

Darth_Venobi
10-13-2015, 07:12 PM
I saw a YouTube video with someone who has a custo Lightsaber which they made which turns on if they hold the switch but turns off when the switch is release is there a tutorial on how to do this?

Silver Serpent
10-13-2015, 07:15 PM
That's a behavior that many people try to avoid. It's simple enough to accomplish if you're not using a sound board.

Use a momentary switch. That's it. When you hold down the button, it will allow power to flow and turn on the saber. When you release the button, the saber will automatically shut off.

Doing it with a sound board is a little trickier, and it would depend on the specific board you're using.

Zahc Zi Phan
10-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Yeah thats often considered a "bug", LOL.

I believe this *could* be done with a soundboard by bridging the + and - pads for the main activation switch on the board itself and wiring a momentary switch in between the battery and the board. Correct me if I am wrong. I hope you don't have a long boot sound, because you will end up listening to the selected audio file every time you try to fire that bad boy up.

This also would definitely kill some functionality and make it very difficult to take advantage of some features like in font color changing with PC or CF. You would also find quickly that any type of spinning or dueling would quickly cause you to lose the grip you have on the switch and BOOM, saber shuts off.

Just thoughts.