PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Focus 7.5

Kennethmterry
10-07-2015, 03:10 PM
I am very new and have been doing all kinds of research on the Crystal Focus. Yet I need some questions answered concerning the sound board's capabilities. If I wish to mix colors, will I need a color extender? Will I also need a power extender as well? These are just not covered on the comparative chart with Plecter Labs. I have started reading the user manual but have not found what other components might be needed to achieve the desired results. I have not yet decided on incorporating accent lighting yet. I have found sections within the user manual about the accent lighting, yet, I am not accustomed to reading about electronics and or the installation of said electronics. I must admit, this is a lot more daunting than I initially anticipated. I have been watching the videos that have been produced on the Custom Saber Shop Youtube Channel over and over, hoping some of this jargon might sink in. To no avail. Any and all recommendations will be appreciated.

darth_chasm
10-07-2015, 03:23 PM
It can be daunting at first but stick to and you'll be fine.

The mixing is all covered in the manual. I would not read in sections but rather from cover to cover, several times. Once you think you have it, read again :).

On another note, have you considered starting with the Nano Bicotte? It's considered an entry level board while the CF 7.5 is pro level.

Or even the Prizim. If you want a few more features.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-07-2015, 03:45 PM
The Crystal Focus can handle color mixing without a CEX. You *might* need a couple of external power extenders depending on your ultimate setup. Reading the manual over a few times is always a good idea. ;)

Kennethmterry
10-07-2015, 05:11 PM
The manual is quite extensive. I have been reading it from cover to cover. There is a lot I don't understand. A Long, Long Time ago.... In the previous century, I worked for a company called MoTeC. I was charged with wiring data acquisition systems for race cars. I was able to read wiring diagrams. However, I haven't used that knowledge is some time. If you don't use it, You Loose It. C'est la Vie. That being said, I am prepared to dive in and relearn all of which I once knew.

I have chosen the CF 7.5 because it offers so many options and it seems to be the best of the best. From what I read, anyway.

I see the manual suggests I use a color extender. Are there any other accessories which I need to consider in order to perform all of my desires as mentioned in the previous post?

Kennethmterry
10-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Is there a certain number of Color Extenders which are required?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Yes, 1, if you decide to use the color extender. The CF is the high end board, it has also been around the longest of all the boards out there.

Kennethmterry
10-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Yes, 1, if you decide to use the color extender. The CF is the high end board, it has also been around the longest of all the boards out there.

I really appreciate you messages attached to your threads as well. They are very helpful. I have already gotten a start on the 1 - 11 steps. I am just choosing to go the hard way and try to learn the "Best of the Best" on my first try. Somehow I am being drawn to the shrouded sabers. Welcoming suggestions on shrouds. Have dremel.... Will destroy some expensive parts.... I have been becoming a very good study of all of the youtube tutorials I can find as well.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Shroud sabers are OK, only a couple of mine have them, and the one I am redoing for someone else also has one. They pose their own sets of problems for the builder.