PDA

View Full Version : New TFU 2 In Game Saber

YoMama19
10-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Hello, I am new to the forums and am interested in building my first mhs saber. I have done some research on the saber style I wanted to build, but I couldn't find anyone who built this saber from mhs parts. I have always loved the TFU Starkiller but I wanted something more beginner friendly I guess you could say. The saber I would like to build is the picture that I put down there. Since this is my first build I am not going to add a sound card but maybe I will later on.
Here is my parts list
Electronics:
2.7 ohm resistor
24 guage wire
1/8 inch heatshrink
Guarded latching switch
4 AAA battery holder
Royal blue rebel star (with the heatsink and stuff)
1.25 inch electronics shield tube

Saber parts:
Blade holder 2
Main body 1 with hole for switch drilled
Pommel style 8
Mhs sleeve material (for the shrouds)
MPS clip
Pommel insert style 4

Other things:
Covertec wheel
8-32 drill and tap set
8-32 thumb screw for blade retention
Corbin battle blade
Clocking washers

I would really appreciate any help from anyone who is interested by this project. I watched some of Madcow's videos on the TCSS youtube channel and I am going to use that setup (hopefully) in my saber. I plan on using the mhs sleeve for the shrouds on the emitter and lower section of the saber, and they will probably be spray painted black.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post, cheers!

Greenie
10-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Hello there, welcome to the forums. Are you aware that custom work is available at TCSS? For a fee of course. A conversation with Tim could lead to the realisation of your design :p

Good luck and MTFBWY :mrgreen:

YoMama19
10-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Hello there, welcome to the forums. Are you aware that custom work is available at TCSS? For a fee of course. A conversation with Tim could lead to the realisation of your design :p

Good luck and MTFBWY :mrgreen:

Thanks, and I actually did not know that. I will have to look into it a little more though because I am low on income :) Would the best way to contact him be by email or here on the forums?

Greenie
10-04-2015, 01:06 PM
I think an email would be best :)

YoMama19
10-07-2015, 10:04 AM
I sent Tim an email and he said he could help me out! From what I have seen, Tim's machining work is really good so I am excited for this saber! :grin:

Greenie
10-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Have you checked this 'sticky'? http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10590-TCSS-Modified-MHS-parts

YoMama19
10-09-2015, 04:05 PM
I have seen that and I thought about doing a starkiller v1 with a rotation crystal chamber that I saw on youtube (by ammnra) and getting a part milled out like those. I believe that I have the electronics all planned out and now I just have to order the parts. I'll probably order them in 2-3 weeks though because the shop is closing for a week and that will give me some time to get some money set aside for this project.

YoMama19
10-11-2015, 05:16 PM
UPDATE It is with much regret that I must inform you guys that I will be unable to make this saber, at least not for a while. A few family matters came up and I just don't have the time to do this sort of thing. Sorry for the inconvenience and have a good day.

Starwinder
10-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns around for your family real soon.

YoMama19
10-11-2015, 07:15 PM
I really appreciate that. We received some good news and things are starting to look hopeful.