PDA

View Full Version : anakin speaker help!!

MasterStoney
12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
i dropped my anakin rots 2005 and now the sound isn't working. it's real staticy and not loud at all. well i ripped it apart and found the copper wire under the cone was damaged. anyway my question is does anyone know where i can buy just the speaker, i haven't tried radioshack yet but i went on their website and all i found was the mini speakers that are somewhat tall (the speaker in the ani is thin) or does anyone have a battery pack for this for sale? Thanks for the help.

Lord Maul
12-22-2006, 11:15 PM
there is a thread somewhere on a great replacement speaker... give me a sec to find it :wink:

EDIT-
Linky
http://thecustomsa.web133.discountasp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1466
just read through that. Ambo posts a link for a speaker. i couldn't find his original thread about this, it won't show up with the new forums :(

12-22-2006, 11:36 PM
I have an extra Luke speaker that I will probably never use. If it will fit you are welcome to it. Just pay me for the stamp........... :lol:

MasterStoney
12-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Thank you guys for all your help. I ordered this speaker
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-LOT-SMALL-28mm-1-1-8-MYLAR-SPEAKER-SPEAKERS-LEADS_W0QQitemZ230032987678QQihZ013QQcategoryZ5816 2QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
I hope it works. Thanks Fisto for the offer hold on to that speaker and if the one i ordered doesn't work i will buy that speaker off you.

MasterStoney
12-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Hey Fisto I will buy that speaker off you. I cancelled my order. I figured i'd try yours out. How much do you want for it? let me know and here is my address if you do want to get rid of it

Thank you for your help Fisto.

12-23-2006, 07:27 AM
No need to buy it dude, it's just taking up space in my toolbox..........

edit: I'll get it in the mail today. Do you need the grill also?

12-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Stoney, I didn't want to risk damaging the speaker so I sent the entire snap off portion of the battery pack. Looking at my Anakin, if you use the whole thing your going to have to mod it a little. The speaker is heavily hot glued in, but you can try to remove it if you want. Merry Christmas.........

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/NCKFisto/speakerassembly.jpg

MasterStoney
12-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Thank you very kindly sir. You have made my day and a friend for life.

Lord Maul
12-23-2006, 12:14 PM
wait a sec. where are the speaker wires???
without those the whole thing is useless :(

Madcow
12-23-2006, 12:20 PM
I got a bunch of these on ebay, and I'm really happy with them!
http://cgi.ebay.ca/4-PIECE-LOT-SMALL-28mm-1-1-8-MYLAR-SPEAKERS-WITH-LEADS_W0QQitemZ230067607573QQihZ013QQcategoryZ5816 2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In case that link doesn't work, it is item number 230067607573.

I've used them in several custom sabers, AND they are the smae size as MR speakers.

MC

Lord Maul
12-23-2006, 01:30 PM
I got a bunch of these on ebay, and I'm really happy with them!
http://cgi.ebay.ca/4-PIECE-LOT-SMALL-28mm-1-1-8-MYLAR-SPEAKERS-WITH-LEADS_W0QQitemZ230067607573QQihZ013QQcategoryZ5816 2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MC
MasterStoney Wrote

Thank you guys for all your help. I ordered this speaker
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-LOT-SMALL-28mm-1-1-8-MYLAR-SPEAKER-SPEAKERS-LEADS_W0QQitemZ230032987678QQihZ013QQcategoryZ5816 2QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Striking similarity :D :wink: :lol:

12-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Maul, the wires are on the other side. I just want Stoney to see the way that the 4 Luke prongs were set up. I have an Anakin, but I've never taken the battery holder apart. It just looks like they may not line up.

ti-el_terall
12-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Accidently posted same thing twice. Double post.

ti-el_terall
12-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I also have a speaker but its out of the entire case. I think I fried my board. All the wires were removed and after I had resoldered everything I turned it on and the speaker made a "dududududuududuuudududududdudud" sound. The speaker works fine tho, its the boad :cry: .

MasterStoney
12-23-2006, 09:27 PM
I have dropped that thing several times but this time it just fell right. Sucks when things like that happen. It's a good thing i'm pretty good at fixing small electronics. I use to work for a nextel service center fixing phones. i wish i still worked there now because we had those little speaker :x

12-23-2006, 09:36 PM
I love those little speakers. I was really surprised at their volume once I put them in a 3" chamber.

MasterStoney
12-23-2006, 10:34 PM
i have yet to build one(lightsaber), but i'm working on it. It's hard right now with christmas and two kids. Daddy's toys have to wait :cry: plus i want to take my time and read up on all this cause it's a lot to take in with LEDs and sound and blades. I just want to make sure i build it right and make it look sweet. i think i might start off with just converting MR then move on to building my own.

Firebird21
12-24-2006, 07:14 AM
...i want to take my time and read up on all this cause it's a lot to take in with LEDs and sound and blades. I just want to make sure i build it right and make it look sweet. i think i might start off with just converting MR then move on to building my own.

It's not as hard as you appear to preceve it.

I can through together a lightsaber, with sound (no paint work) in 45min. taking my time. Tim's parts may it very easy to assemble. plug... :wink: and soldering is only as hard as you make it.

That being said, I'm very glad to see that you are doing resurch on this before you jump in with both feet. :)

MasterStoney
12-24-2006, 08:49 PM
oh i am learning a lot on here and you're right, it's not seeming as hard as you would think to build one, does take quite a bit of money though. I'm pretty good at soldering, i use to work for nextel fixing phones and i had to solder **** all the time.

Kit Fisto
12-26-2006, 02:14 AM
i dropped my anakin rots 2005 and now the sound isn't working. it's real staticy and not loud at all. well i ripped it apart and found the copper wire under the cone was damaged. anyway my question is does anyone know where i can buy just the speaker, i haven't tried radioshack yet but i went on their website and all i found was the mini speakers that are somewhat tall (the speaker in the ani is thin) or does anyone have a battery pack for this for sale? Thanks for the help.

One bug in the Anakin EP3 ver 2 and 3 sabers if that the sounds get messed up once in a while.
BUT IT IS NOT BROKEN
To easily fix just take out your battlers and then put them back in.
It should fix.

MasterStoney
12-26-2006, 07:09 AM
no it's broken, i tried takin the batteries out and puttin back in and when that didn't work i took apart the battery pack and you could see the cone was messed up. The copper wire under the cone came through the cone. i tried to push it back in but it wasn't moving. so the speaker is definatly shot.

MasterStoney
12-26-2006, 04:30 PM
NC Fisto, i got that speaker today, thanks a million! i'm going to put it in in the morning, i hope everything works

12-26-2006, 06:44 PM
no problem, I hope it works out for you. let me know about those other speakers that you ordered, I may have to pick up a few.

vortextwist
12-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Is there anywhere you can here what each MR sounds like? I got a used Luke ROTJ and it just sounds weird, almost like the speaker is bad, I don't know maybe it's just me and the fact the only other ones I have is a vader and maul. thanks

MasterStoney
12-27-2006, 12:05 PM
speaker works like a charm Fisto, thanks again. I'm back in business. and i will be keepin my eye open for that pommel.

and vortex, i know what you mean, i have a mace that sounds like crap, i replaced the speaker in it and it still sounds the same, it's not very loud and a little bit staticky. but i don't know if thats just how it's suppose to sound because i bought it used.

Madcow
12-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Yup,
The 2 maces that I own both have a "distorted" quality to the sound - almost like a guitar amp overdriven.

MC

12-28-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm glad it fit. Did it snap in or did you have to mod the shell?

Madcow, are you using a Mace FX or Hasbro? I had the same sound with my Hasbro Mace, so I muffed it in the chamber with cotton......sounds cool now.

MasterStoney
12-29-2006, 11:37 PM
[quote="NC_K.Fisto"]I'm glad it fit. Did it snap in or did you have to mod the shell?

i actually got the speaker out of the old housing. if you want the housing back i will ship it to you. just let me know. if not i'll just hold on to it and if you ever need it i'll ship it to you.

12-30-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't need it. Thanks for the offer though.

MasterStoney
12-30-2006, 08:27 AM
not a problem