PDA

View Full Version : Sound font file size (wav)

Zephos
09-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Just wondering, how much memory does one sound font usually take up if it is in wav format?

Thanks.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Usually under 5 MB. A "sound font" is actually a collection of sound files.

Zephos
09-20-2015, 08:38 PM
Got it. Thank you. So 16megs should hold around three sound fonts.

Silver Serpent
09-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Assuming you can find a 16 MB SD card. The current sound boards will take up to a 16 *GB* SD card. There's no shortage of room for fonts there.

Zephos
09-20-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm not using the typical saber soundboards. I'm using something different that has 16mb of on board flash, in conjunction with a micro-controller. Why? Well I feel like a saber is a form of expression, and I want it to be as much my own creation as possible, so I am doing things unconventionally. The sound cards are really nice but it feels like someone else is doing all the important work in building the saber.

Silver Serpent
09-21-2015, 06:44 AM
I wish you the best of luck. It can be fun tinkering with your own electronics. If that's what you enjoy, then have at it. :)

JakeSoft
09-21-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm not using the typical saber soundboards. I'm using something different that has 16mb of on board flash, in conjunction with a micro-controller. Why? Well I feel like a saber is a form of expression, and I want it to be as much my own creation as possible, so I am doing things unconventionally. The sound cards are really nice but it feels like someone else is doing all the important work in building the saber.

I know just how you feel. Good luck.