PDA

View Full Version : How to wire a String blade in series?

Ambrosius Malachai
09-03-2015, 04:15 PM
okay, so ive seen the string blades. found some nice bright, 120 degree led's. but before i finish my decision on either a string blade or mounted led, how the hell do you wire them for the scroll effect????

i keep seeing everywhere about Seriallel II, and Seriallel III. and its like 6 sets of 7 doubles or something. but that doesnt explain $%&^

What does that mean? how do i wire this? im assuming that each section would turn on in order. but it says after i make a set, to just solder it on to the rest. well if they are all soldered together, then WTF is the point of the sets? it would still be one solid strip when its done.

can anyone explain this, or even show a diagram?

Cire Yeldarb
09-03-2015, 05:05 PM
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/CF-LS/CrystalFocusSaberCore-LEDSTRIP-V6.50-GB.pdf?osCsid=id43kbq3l0n4550vr8anuruaq7

Around page 27 and on I believe you should find more information on what you are looking for.

Ambrosius Malachai
09-03-2015, 06:12 PM
sort of. i finally found a picture of a set of 2 serialized led chunks, wired up. so let me break it down how i see it, just to be sure

so, i take my total number of led's and divide them into 6 chunks.
i then take each chunk, and break it in half, to wire in series.

to do so, lets say each chunk is 8 led's. i then take 4 of them and have them soldered with the positive on the left. i then take the second half of the chunk, (the other 4) - and solder them with the positive on the right.

i then put section 1, above section 2.

i then wire the positive into the bottom left of section 1. Then wiring a positive wire from the bottom negative of section 1, to the top right (positive) of section 2. The bottom negative of section 2, is wired into the board.

I then do this 5 more times.

Then i wire a common positive from the top positives of all section 1's, of each chunk. This is simply one long positive, that skips section 2 of each chunk. this wires into the positive of the board.

Then the negatives from each chunk (wired from the negative of each chunks section 2) wire into individual ports of the board.

this way even though every section is on the same positive lead, the negative for each chunk, can be controlled by the board in order to have the "scrolling effect"

the only thin i dont understand is, how to make it in the proper order? Is it, with the CF V7.5 - a specific order to the board that i have to wire each section into, so that it starts at the bottom of the board? or do

Sarich
09-04-2015, 07:19 AM
You wouldn't be able to get the scrolling effect on a CF 7.5. The sound card has to be made to support the scrolling effect, which is what the CF-LS is for.

Ambrosius Malachai
09-05-2015, 09:08 AM
alright, i was wondering about that, i had seen some talk of a CF-LS, but never when talking about the led's. only ever about its special effects and sound capabilities. So all in all though, do i understand the Seriallel wiring correctly?