PDA

View Full Version : NB v1 no sound

Elmarco38
09-03-2015, 01:49 PM
So here's what happened, I got this saber second hand which had a NB v1 installed and it worked perfectly when I got it. I started messing around with it because I wanted to clean up the electronics a bit. There really wasn't anything holding anything together in there when I got it, it was sorta just crammed in there and I wanted it to be more secure. In the process of doing that the recharge port nut came loose and when I went to put that back I didn't notice that one, some or all of the recharge port wires were touching the screw terminals of the momentary switch which is in close proximity and possibly shorting out. After putting it all back together it worked perfectly fine so I didn't suspect anything. I put it on the charger and the next morning when I took it off no sound from the board. I checked it with another speaker and nothing. I checked for continuity from the board to the speaker and it's good. The speaker itself measures 4 ohms so I'm pretty sure it's good too. I even put a DMM on the speaker output set to read AC and zero. I spoke with Erv and he says probably burnt audio amp. I could have Plecter Labs repair it for a modest fee however that involves shipping internationally. I'd much rather have it done here in the states if possible.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-03-2015, 02:02 PM
You can PM Zook.

Elmarco38
09-03-2015, 04:29 PM
I pm'd Zook