PDA

View Full Version : Photon green blades

Noyl Wendor
09-02-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm curious to see one of these blades in person. I do like green ;) How ever, I've been reading a couple posts and may have missed something...or not. What about the blade tips? Is a standard tip useful? Or is there a special tip to be used?
What about diffusion material? I've been using clear gift wrap for some time. Is the standard stuff like what I use workable in this new blade?
Last but not least. I do have a hilt with a blue LED, I also have a green LED in a hilt. How would a green blade and green LED look?
Like I said curious....and payday is coming :D

snilam
09-02-2015, 09:13 PM
From what I understand you can prep your blade as normal with wrap and it works best with a royal blue led. I just ordered one and plan to do some experimenting to find what is best.

Miraluka
09-04-2015, 12:18 AM
I'm curious to see one of these blades in person. I do like green ;) How ever, I've been reading a couple posts and may have missed something...or not. What about the blade tips? Is a standard tip useful? Or is there a special tip to be used?
What about diffusion material? I've been using clear gift wrap for some time. Is the standard stuff like what I use workable in this new blade?
Last but not least. I do have a hilt with a blue LED, I also have a green LED in a hilt. How would a green blade and green LED look?
Like I said curious....and payday is coming :D

Well, like Tim said in another post, if you use a standard tip, and you light the photon blade with a blue/rB LED, you'll have a green blade with a blue tip. I believe photon tips will be coming later.

IamHomostellaris
09-18-2015, 11:07 AM
http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2015/09/18//15091804145116547413591644.jpg
I'm currently testing them.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?16474-Organophaos-Titanium-lightsaber-work-in-progress
Page 2.

Miraluka
09-18-2015, 08:16 PM
I have a green tip on mine and with a triple rB there is just a tiiiiny blue dot visible if you point the tip at something. It's not really noticeable when you look at the blade, just the projection. I didn't notice the little blue spot for a few days, it's pretty inconspicuous.

The blade itself is pretty cool. I personally prefer using rB or white LEDs over standard blue. The rB comes out as an emerald green color, just a little more blue than a typical green LED would be. If you use white it comes out as a pretty nice, pale green.

It's kind of interesting to see it with rB in person... to me, the edges look a little more blue, whereas the middle looks more green. It's pretty cool.