PDA

View Full Version : Coating Thumbscrews and Trim Rings?

Oloxiss
08-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Wondering if tiny parts can be powder coated, like the trim rings, or the blade retention screws/kill keys. I know you can't coat threads on a screw because then the screw wouldn't work. I'm talking about coating just the head of the screw. Anyone know about that? Didn't see any other forum threads about this.

Silver Serpent
08-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Technically, there's no real reason you couldn't. It's pretty time intensive to set up a small part like that though. I don't know that Tim would offer this as a service, but it's certainly something you could attempt on your own if you had the equipment.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-25-2015, 06:06 PM
Tim use to offer the trim rings in a coupe of anodized colors, like red, gold black, and "plain" aluminum. Not sure what the story is on that.

Oloxiss
08-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Again, thanks for the speedy reply!
I don't guess it would have to be powder coating. How about anodizing? TCSS has some kill keys that are anodized. Does Tim do that, or does he get them that way already?
Sorry, I don't know much about turning metal different colors. I mean, besides rust.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-25-2015, 06:20 PM
As I said they WERE offered (in the past) in a couple of different colors. However, with the move, and the expansion, and everything else that has gone on, it might be a while before something happens or is decided.

Oloxiss
08-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Sorry, looks like I posted that question just as you posted the answer. Ha!