PDA

View Full Version : electronoob needs help

imagehunter
08-21-2015, 11:04 PM
I know what I want but I'm still not sure (electronically) how to make it work. I've seen so many schematics here that I'm just confused. I think I have a 2010 Hasbro econo-board but I bought it on Kijiji and didn't notice any markings. Can someone look at the "what I want" section and fill in some blanks for me. (keeping in mind I have a less than rudimentary knowledge of electronics.)

BZWingZero
08-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Yes. That's a 2010 Hasbro econo board. There's a bunch of wiring diagrams here (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10288-2010-Electronic-Lightsaber-w-DVD-Tutorial).

imagehunter
08-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Yes. That's a 2010 Hasbro econo board. There's a bunch of wiring diagrams here (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10288-2010-Electronic-Lightsaber-w-DVD-Tutorial).

Those are the schematics I was referring to. In particular the one marked 3.7 V - 6 V with recharge port (No accent LED). Here are the things I'm fuzzy on:

1) I see a PNP transistor, do those only come in one size or strength?

2) The white resistor shown, I see 10 of them in the store and they're all different. Which one do I get?

3) The battery pack, I'm assuming Lith/ion 3.7v - 6v how many mAh?

4) The LED, if I get the Rebel Star LED & MHSV1 Heatsink Module does that change the setup or do I do a straight swap for the one in the diagram.

BZWingZero
08-23-2015, 06:34 PM
Those are the schematics I was referring to. In particular the one marked 3.7 V - 6 V with recharge port (No accent LED). Here are the things I'm fuzzy on:

1) I see a PNP transistor, do those only come in one size or strength?

2) The white resistor shown, I see 10 of them in the store and they're all different. Which one do I get?

3) The battery pack, I'm assuming Lith/ion 3.7v - 6v how many mAh?

4) The LED, if I get the Rebel Star LED & MHSV1 Heatsink Module does that change the setup or do I do a straight swap for the one in the diagram.

1. For the transistor, you'll want to use one that meets the voltages you're using. I use a TIP42.

2. The resistor will depend on the LED you choose.

3. The milliamp-hours will depend on which batteries you choose. A 2-cell 14500 will have fewer mAh than a 2-cell 18650, but it'll be physically smaller.

4. The LED module sold in the store is the LED+Heatsink+lens etc all pre-assembled. The one in the schematic is just a picture of a bare LED.