PDA

View Full Version : Drawing for MHS parts with some custom features.

DarthSkummelavsky
08-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Drew this up the other day using MHS builder. Added some pommel fins and an emitter claw. Used 'Paint' to add the fins and claws. Not sure if the fins and claws are truely spec'ed right. Still I think it looks cool for a Sith shoto.

Cire Yeldarb
08-20-2015, 10:55 AM
That's cool, very pointy! lol

Miraluka
08-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Looks like it'd be pretty unwieldly, honestly.

Cire Yeldarb
08-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Looks like it'd be pretty unwieldly, honestly.

I definitely wouldn't want to try any spins with it or anything with those two spikes coming off the back, but for a one handed shoto it wouldn't be too bad if paired with another primary blade

Miraluka
08-20-2015, 07:27 PM
I definitely wouldn't want to try any spins with it or anything with those two spikes coming off the back, but for a one handed shoto it wouldn't be too bad if paired with another primary blade

The claw I can deal with, I've had 2 clawed hilts but I wouldn't want to deal with the fins. That's just my opinion, though. Especially since I don't do the dual wield thing.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-20-2015, 07:35 PM
It can be tricky dealing with fins and other protrusions. A very old "Sith" saber of mine - Malignant Fury had several spikes on it. It looks hard to use, but if you "do it right", some things can be done where it would still be functional.

Miraluka
08-20-2015, 08:41 PM
I agree. I am a real sucker for emitter claws. Many of the designs I've come up with feature them and people call them "Sithy" although I rarely plan them to look that way. Despite my love for claws, what you might call my "dream saber" does not have them. It's meant to be a more comfortable, Makashi sort of hilt.

Still, though... claws are cool... :cool:

DarthSkummelavsky
08-21-2015, 02:09 PM
My intention was to increase the intimidation factor. As far as the fins, they would be .25 inch thick, the very tips would be kept to a dull point. Wonder how effective they would be with a pommel smashing technique?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-21-2015, 03:10 PM
My intention was to increase the intimidation factor. As far as the fins, they would be .25 inch thick, the very tips would be kept to a dull point. Wonder how effective they would be with a pommel smashing technique?

Why don't you check out my Malignant Fury saber. That should give you an idea of functional intimidation.