PDA

View Full Version : CF 7.5 Wiring Check Please

darth_chasm
08-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Hey Folks

Can I get a check on the diagram below? Its for a CF 7.5 build including two 4 segment bar graphs and crystal chamber. Yeah, pretty ambitious for a second build, but I think I can, I think I can.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/mditomo/th_cf7.5_wiring_zpsxfo0mrgi.png (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/mditomo/media/cf7.5_wiring_zpsxfo0mrgi.png.html)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-11-2015, 03:41 AM
Looks good. Would be interested to see what you try to cram all that into.

darth_chasm
08-11-2015, 05:35 AM
Thanks FJK.

Cram-fu will definitely be needed and I'm sure some things will change along the way. As it stands now, the main section is 9". I'll be using the flat heat sink to maximize room up top and the switch ring will sit right up against the led module. The crystal chamber is about 1.43" tall disc to disc. I have a back up 8 segment bar graph if I find the two separate ones won't work. If the recharge port ends up eating up too much space, I'll try to make the battery removable.

darth_chasm
08-23-2015, 10:03 AM
So I did a little more RTFM and realized the way I have the crystal chamber led wired will only have the chamber lit while the blade is on and wont allow me to do any kind of effects like pulse etc. I've decided to remove one of the four segment bar graphs from the design and dedicate accent pads 5-7 to the chamber led.

But that leaves pad 8 empty. Is this ok? Will everything still work without that pad wired to something? I think it's fine but wanted to be sure.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-23-2015, 10:04 AM
It will be fine.

darth_chasm
08-23-2015, 10:06 AM
It will be fine.

Thanks FJK.

darth_chasm
09-26-2015, 08:13 PM
Hi,

I am soldering on my SMD resistors for the accent led pads and have run into a small puzzle.

My crystal chamber led requires a resistor for the Red die only and this got me thinking, how does the CF know which color is attached to which pad. Especially in the case of blade mirroring.

Did I miss something in the manual or do I just solder them where I want and manually input the colors in the settings files?

Any help is appreciated.

darth_chasm
09-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Figured it out.