PDA

View Full Version : using speaker mount V6 as a removable chassis sled for 7.2 V battery pack?

Spiritchaser
08-01-2015, 05:07 AM
Does anyone know what the outside diameter of the reduced diameter section of the speaker holder V6 is? could I dust off a few thou in a lathe to bring it down to 30 mm (my hilt ID in that region will be about 30 mm)
how wide is the slot battery holder slot in that part?

Context:

I'm just about finished my latest batch of sabers, 3 NB builds. I'm thinking about what's next, and it's probably a pair of short, small CF sabers.

I like removable rechargeable batteries. A few extra packs and you're back in the game.

But removable 7.2 packs do not appear to be widely used, and I'm going to be putting this into a relatively small hilt (not the little 9 inch long by 1.2 inch diameter thing I crammed together for my daughter, but still small)

I want to put the board relatively close to the blade holder. My understanding is that with a CF board, this is fine as long as you can get to the card... and then put the 2x14650 7.2 V battery and speaker in a removable chassis sled that is accessible by removing the "pommel" (I probably won't be able to use a standard pommel but I'll worry about that later) I could try and machine it out of delrin, and I may have to do so, but that holder looks so close to what I need, I can't help thinking I might be able to make it work

any information and or suggestions would be appreciated