PDA

View Full Version : Question about Anakin Skywalker Force FX Lightsaber

Daftvagabond
07-27-2015, 01:06 PM
So, I'm new to custom blades and I have a few questions.

First, with the Anakin Skywalker Force FX Lightsaber and other builds like it am I to understand that the blade has a string of LEDs surrounded and cushioned by a layer of foam that helps to diffuse the light?

Second, I know that certain models, probably removable blades, have a thin film on the inside of the polycarbonate tube and I'm wondering if it's ONLY certain models or all models including the one mentioned above.

And finally, for a project I have coming up I'd like to replicate the blade of the Anakin Skywalker Force FX Lightsaber, just the blade, and I'm curious if I can do this using the thick-walled 1" polycarbonate and any other parts used in the original build. (Like the foam, if it's used)

And while I certainly don't expect anyone to do the work for me I would appreciate help throwing together a list of materials I'd need in order to replicate this blade. (The hilt is a separate project)

Miraluka
07-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Although string blades are less common around here than high power LEDs, there is info on string blades here and links to info from other sources. Just give the search bar a try ;)
I was just reading through a few threads, myself.

Daftvagabond
07-30-2015, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Although string blades are less common around here than high power LEDs, there is info on string blades here and links to info from other sources. Just give the search bar a try ;)
I was just reading through a few threads, myself.

Thank you, I'm sure it will help to know the terminology.